WTB: Bersa BP-9 cc

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Sportdog7, May 17, 2013.

1. Sportdog7

Sportdog7 Well-Known Member

I live in Wisc. near the fox valley close to Green Bay and have been searching to find a Bersa BP 9cc with no luck! Anyone here know of a dealer in the area that has one? Never had so much trouble finding a gun before.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013
  2. snakeye

snakeye Well-Known Member

Trying to find larger Bersa guns are an exercise in futility. I finally found my Thunder UC Pro after 6 months. You can find all the small frame ones i.e 22, 380 every where but trying to find larger frame guns are difficult....I will keep an eye out and let you know if I see any

3. CPSinWC

CPSinWC Active Member

If I'd had the money, I'd had one. It was at the local gs during the shortage and the had a 9. They usually keep them or can get them.

4. hpdrifter

hpdrifter New Member

Just put one on lay-a-way yesterday. Gander Mountain. Was gonna look for a S & W Shield or the BP9, which ever I found first.

5. snakeye

snakeye Well-Known Member

hpdrifter is right Gander Mountain does have them and you can order it online and have it delivered to your FFL

6. Sportdog7

Sportdog7 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. there is a Gander near by me, but their price points seem quite inflated when compared to other gun shops in my area. Can anyone give me an idea of what this gun is normally retails for?
    Thanks for your help on this gun, I know with all that's happened since last Dec. it has affected availability of a lot of handguns.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Moved to the correct subforum: WANTED

8. hpdrifter

hpdrifter New Member

I paid $429 for mine. I've seen em on sale for $399, but they weren't in stock. Lotta good the sale does.

9. SoldiernurseNoMo

SoldiernurseNoMo Active Member

I sold my Shield less than 2 moths after purchase. However, my BP9cc is a keeper.

Good choice!

10. 4wheelin

4wheelin Active Member

What were your reasons for going with the Bersa over the Shield? Just curious as I have been considering both myself.

11. SoldiernurseNoMo

I'll have crow for my Internet dinner. Last week bought a Shield .40S&W for $449 (w/purchase Apex DCAEK & TruGlo TFOs). Why? I really like my M&P9c, which is very ergonomic. Purchased my 9C a couple of months back & first course of action was the Apex DCAEK since the stock trigger is no bueno. Let me stress here the BP9CC's trigger axn NIB is superior to M&P. The Apex trigger upgrade more than enough returns the matter to a level playing field.

I decided to cut back my handgun inventory. So, sold my PF-9, Taurus Mil Pros PT745 & PT140. Which made the Shield purchase more financially feasible. LOL, almost exactly year ago I sold my crappy trigger, unwanted mag release Shield 40. Soon afterwords I bought the BP9CC... still a keeper in my little armory. I have already spent some time at the Range shooting my new Shield .40S&W. I must say no malfxns. One handed shots were very accurate.

Which is better Shield or BP9CC? Well, my best answer has been upgraded to buy both.

12. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

How does the size compare?

13. SoldiernurseNoMo

The Shield is just a hair smaller.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

S&W M&P Shield40
    Mag Cap: 6+1 & 7+1
    Trigger; Apex DCAEK / Pull Wt < 6lbs
    Barrel Length: 3.1"
    Sights: TruGlo TFO GRN
    Overall Length: 6.1"
    Frame Width: .95”
    Overall Ht: 4.6”
    Wt: 19.0 oz
    Sight Radius: 5.3”
    External Thumb Safety
    Loaded Chamber Indicator

Bersa BP9CC
    Sights; Rear: Glock / Front: Sig
    Barrel Length: 3.2"
    Overall Length: 6.35"
    Width: 0.94"
    Ht: 4.8"
    Wt: 21.5oz
    Capacity: 8+1
    Trig Pull Wt: +/- 4lbs
    Mag Disconnect Safety
    Finish: Matte Black
    Additional Features
    1: Loaded Chamber Indicator, MIL-1913 Picatinny Rail
    2:Slide, Frame & Trigger Checkering, Mag Catch Rel

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  14. 4wheelin

4wheelin Active Member

I already have the M&P 9c as well, and really like the gun. Of all my handguns it probably has the best balance between size, weight, capacity and dependability. To me, the only thing I don't like is the plastic. But then, that's what keeps the weight down, so....

The Shields low round capacity is the thing that I don't like. The Bersa's higher capacity is certainly a plus.

15. SoldiernurseNoMo

Definitely, my 9c with 17+1 mag cap has spoiled me. The Shield mags are so small, same w/BP9CC, that I bought two extra 7rnd mags to carry on me. Actually, bought another BP9CC mag at a Gun Show this past April at a reasonable price.

BTW, were my spare of the moment pics helpful?

16. 4wheelin

4wheelin Active Member

They were absolutely helpful, thanks for taking the time to do the side by side comparison.

I stopped into the local gun shop today and they had a Bersa Thunder .380 Plus that seemed in mint condition, but no box or papers. $299. Is this a reasonable price?

17. SoldiernurseNoMo

Must admit, my Bersa knowledge is limited to the BP9CC.

18. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Sounds too good to be true. Handle it. If it racks, has a mag, is not scratched up really bad, etc.... that's a really good price.

19. 4wheelin

4wheelin Active Member

Yes, didn't appear to have ever been shot. No holster wear or slide wear at all. I just am not familiar with that particular gun and what would be a normal price.

20. MINK45

MINK45 Member

The BP9 has the best trigger of any of the single stack 9's