Bersa Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll try posting my question again as it didn't seem to go through the first time. I just bought a Bersa Thunder 380. It was allegedly used, but I don't think it had been fired by the look of it. It came with one magazine, stamped "Bersa" and "Italy". The gun was stamped Argentina, and I presume that the gun was made in Argentina. I bought a brand new magazine that was also stamped "Bersa" but indicated it was made in Argentina by the packaging and stamping on the magazine.

Does anyone know the story of why the different sourcing? Is the Italian one made by Mec-Gar for Bersa? Has anyone else noticed this? (My search indicated no, but please direct me to a link if I missed a thread).

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Italian one is a MecGar, which is the OEM make for many companies. I wouldn't worry too much about it. MecGar mags are one of the easier to source mags for the Bersa, and often cheaper, but still great quality.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent, thank you for your answers. I appreciate the recommendations for Mec-Gar as I was considering getting another pair for the range.

Do others have their guns shipped new with Italian magazines then? Is there a mix? Which is more usual?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The magazine that came with your gun stamped Argentina would have been a 7 round mag, if my info is correct.
Later, Bersa started shipping with 8 round Mec-Gar mags, in my opinion the best mags available.
You will find a lot of 7 round Pro Mags for sale, the 8 round Mec-Gar are a much better quality. Pro Mag jams a lot.
When you buy mags, look for Mec-Gar, you will find them on line.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have had very bad luck with Pro-Mags in my Bersas. I have heard only good on Mecgar.
By the way- which Bersa did you buy?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The magazine that came with your gun stamped Argentina would have been a 7 round mag, if my info is correct.
Later, Bersa started shipping with 8 round Mec-Gar mags, in my opinion the best mags available.
By the way- which Bersa did you buy?
It came with the 8 round Mec-Gar (marked "Made in Italy" on one side and "Bersa" on the other) ... so I guess it was a later production.

It's the a flat black Thunder 380 from imported by RSA. Looks just like this:
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation

·
Registered
157 Posts
Okay- the standard BT-380. They are good shooters. I have that one, and a 15 round Plus model, and the 8 round BT380 CC.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have one Pro-Mag that I have not used that much (never as a carry magazine). I consistently had a feeding issue with one or two rounds left in the magazine. I wouldn't buy another one. Mecgar magazines are typically very good.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I’d get some Mac-Gar mags if they made ones for the TPR9c. They don’t. Well more accurately they only make 17rd mags. Not the 13s.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts