BersaForum.com banner

1901 - 1918 of 1918 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Chicken enchiladas, guacamole salad, tostado chips, and ''empanadas'' for dessert. Daughter was cooking. Empanadas are a Mexican pastry, usually a sweetened oumpkin filler with anise seed for flavor. Filling is sealed in a tortilla like pie crust and baked. Much better than pumokin pie. She also tried making some with apple and peach filling. Those were good, but the pumpkin ones were the best.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Last night my son was over.
So, we went for one of his favorites.

Bratworst
Cucumber, tomato, and onion salad
Mac and cheese
Unsweetened tea

All while watching several episodes of our favorite game show - America Says!

God bless!!

Michael and Karen

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Saturday night was carne quisada, arroz, flour tortillas.

Sunday night, daughter fixed zucchini & yellow squash from her garden. S in law grilled some pork baby back ribs, lamb chops, & bef sausage. Home made peanut butter coockies for dessert.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Spiral cut ham, hickory smoked. Sandwiches and stuff for a couple of weeks. Lotta small chunks for breakfast tacos and beans.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Last night we also had grilled cheese.
It is the old stand-by when my wife works later.
Had a nice cucumber and onion salad with it.
Our dessert was Crispy Crunch ice cream bars.

God bless!!

Michael

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Got an early start on the smoked turkey. Wife deboned it and we made sandwiches. The regular one is thawing in the fridge. We had ''maranitos'' for dessert. It is a type od gingerbread & molassas cookie cut in the shape of little pigs. Daughter made them Sunday.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Bougtht ones that night. We were killing ourselves trying to get all the Xmas cookies and desserts made. Daughter and wife just had to make alot to give away. Sugar cookieas, pan de polvo, rum flavored balls, pumpkin balls, fudge, peanut brittle, pineapple upside down cake, acd flan cake. Daughter also had to do more at her m in law's place.

And for dinners, she made roast turkeys at both places at Xmas and prime rib roasts. Her b-day was the 21st, so she and the hubby deep fried shrimp, fish, fries, and hush puppies. They did another fish fry over the weekend cause the hubby's sister and family came from Houston to visit and we got a pan full of that. And they decided to brine and deep fry a turkey while they had the deep fryer going to have it ready for New Year's.

I still have turkey and smoked ham from Thanksgiving. Don't want no more. Told them to feed their friends. Now they are talking about tamales also and I do most of the mixing and prep for that. NO, I think I've had enough for this year.

1901 - 1918 of 1918 Posts