Bersa Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will start off by saying I like almost every pistol and caliber but my favorite caliber is .40 because is more powerful than the .45 and it is bigger than the 9mm?

·
Registered
24 Posts
For versatility and power nothing can come close to the old .357.
Can shoot everything offered in .357 and everything offered in a .38 spl.
From .110gr - 180gr and 783/ft lbs energy.

You never specified semi or wheelgun.
;)
I know, it's in the "General Bersa Forum" but I had to throw it out there.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
If you're talking about all around favorite regardless of gun manufacturer it would be the 44 magnum,I just love the power :D. Now if you're talking in a Bersa gun it would have to be the .380 because it's the only Bersa I've owned ;).

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Since I received free ammo for the last 20 years, and still receive free ammo for my annual CCW permit and target practice, .40 Cal is my choice!

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Even though I've got a 9UC and a 1911 Colt 45 and love to fire both, the first of my two BT 380s, especially after I "discovered" the longer DLX mags, is still my first love. With the longer grip of the DLX mag, it fits my hand far better than bulk of the 9UC and 45. With the UBG Bonneville holster, and and open untucked shirt concealability and comfort of wear beats anything I've ever tried. If Bersa ever builds a single stack 9mm and makes it in the same dimension as the BT 380 with the extended mag, I'd try to be the first in line to buy it.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
If it's a revolver, a .44 mag. In an auto pistol, a hard choice between the .40 & .45. But being an old school guy, I would have to go .45.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Love my .45, but .357 is a hoot. As is .50 S&W in the 400gr rounds. THAT'S fun!

Always wanted to try 10mm as I understand it's relatively close to .357 power levels but in a semi-auto, but haven't had the opportunity yet. That's next on my list. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
.45 Auto..........when you care enough to send the very best.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am still relatively a newbie. I have had my carry license for just over a year now. I had a friend take me to a range, where after a safety rundown, I shot his .38 revolver, Ruger LC9 and Ruger SR40C. I just fell in love with the .40S&W considering i was 62 at the time my friend was somewhat surprised. But i am handling the caliber well. someday i might need a 9mm or .380.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A-men

.45 Auto..........when you care enough to send the very best.
Being Old Corps, I'm still stuck on the gun that's been making big holes in bad people for well over a hundred years, got me my first seagull at Parris Island, and the gun that the Marine Corps recently threw over the puny little 9mm for. :)

For my BUG it's the Thunder .380, hands down, for reliability and great 2nd gun concealment. Just a mini .45 ACP round.

For plain old fun to shoot? Almost anything that goes BANG, and isn't made from recycled toothbrush handles and milk jugs.:D

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
A year ago I would have said 45. But now it is 40. Wish I would have bought one sooner.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Favorite shooter is a S&W 629 4 inch. I like one cylinder of 44 mag followed by some 44 spl.
I would shoot a lot more 22 but the ammo crunch is holding me back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts