Bersa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks, this is a simple question that I am very curious about and would love to know about my fellow members of this forum. My question is, What do members here either carry or maintain maybe in the night stand or where ever?

I'll start with myself. I carry a Bersa BT 380 and I also keep it in my nightstand at night. Sometimes I do the same with my S&W 3913. How bout you????

·
Administrator
6,108 Posts
On duty, I carry a G21SF
Off duty, I carry a G30SF

Nightstand, I have the G21SF and the 30SF nearby

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sgt., you are well trained. Now I Know why they call you guys "Leather Necks". All I can say is "WHEW"..........Don't even think about it with you man as you are well prepared Sir.:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hey Mortie, you carry like me, however I would like to know what load or bullet you carry in your BT380? I also assume this is your night time or bed stand piece as well????

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used to carry Speer Gold Dot HP, but lately I carry PMC 90 grain. Cycles better than HP and has more penetration. Yes, I usually keep my .380 CC by me at night.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Mortie, just to share with you, I used to carry the BB 100grn FMJ, until I found out about the Xtreme Penetrator from Lehigh Defense. I like the fact that it is a cooper bullet rather than lead as it will not collaspe. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
25 Posts
BT380CC in a Blackhawk size 3 pocket holster. I am going to be upgrading to a Ruger LC9s this winter. Same size and weight, losing one round in the magazine, but upgrading to 9mm.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I am curious as to why some of you maintain a different gun at home or by the bed rather than your carry weapon? Is there a specific reason, maybe I'm missing something? BTW, I do not mean that in a bad way or anything, but there is obviously a reason why you do.

·
Administrator
6,108 Posts
I am curious as to why some of you maintain a different gun at home or by the bed rather than your carry weapon? Is there a specific reason, maybe I'm missing something? BTW, I do not mean that in a bad way or anything, but there is obviously a reason why you do.

Mine is my duty weapon, unless I'm too lazy to take it off the duty belt, then it's my G30 (which is my off duty carry weapon)

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sgt. I'm glad you brought that up, in that I know exactly where you are coming from, as I use to do the same thing. From monday to friday I pretty much kept my department issued Glock in the night stand because that was my duty weapon. But on friday's after work I would lock it away in the gun safe and use my S&W 3913 during the weekend.

Now that I'm retired, I don't have to swap out different guns for duty or off duty. My BT 380 is my primary carry weapon now. "Stay safe & be careful out there Sir."

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would like to say I carry my BT 380 but Its as large as my LC9 so most of the time I choose to carry my G27. Other times I carry my LCP when I wear shorts. My BT380 is usually reserved to be by my side in the living room.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am usually carrying the BT; the Ruger stays home with the wife. Although it sounds counter intuitive, she finds the Ruger easier to handle due to carpel tunnel. She is able to maintain control due to the larger grip.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Booger, I would have thought just the opposite as well. But hey, if she don't mind the larger Ruger then who are we to say anything. More power to her. It works for you guys.

·
gopher0
8 Posts
Size Weight Concealment

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
The wife and I live on a small rancho kinda out of town. Deep south Texas, in a county with a major border patrol checkpoint. Lotta "bailouts" around here. They had one in downtown last Friday at the courthouse. All my old staff at the juvenile probation department went on loackdown. Not to keep people in,but to make sure there were no illegals or 2 legged coyotes sneaking in to avoid the "Migra." Helicopters everywhere according to reports. We have our share out here too. Had 2 incidents with illegals at the back door this year so far. Both times from bailouts in the area. And my wife and I are the only ones left out here. Wasn't so bad when my S in law and her husband were ourt here, but they moved years ago. And the F in law and his wife had been in the nursing home for 2 years. All of us were always armed. Only wife and I now. So, this is what we keep handy.

I usually carry an LC9 around the yard and traveling. Use to have a BT, but gave it to my son.

Also keep a G23 & S&W40VE handy in nightstand with extra mags. Couple of 1911s ready to go in the safe for backups. A couple of revos in the closet for walking the inside dogs. Usually have an old Colt Cobra .38 spl. that was one of my dad's duty backups and a Ruger LCR .357.

On rifle racks: A couple of loaded .22s for yard pests-Ruger 10/22 and Mossy 715T with hicaps & 4X scopes and a HiPoint 9mil carbine with lazer/light/aimpoint for nightime with extra mags. A Marlin .22 mag w/4X for larger pests. Got clear shots in any direction in daytime at least 50 yds up to 100.

In gun cabinet: My old Wnch 1200 20 ga with #1 buck for the wife to use. A Rem. Wingmaster 12 ga with #6 for yard pests, mostly javelinas harassing the dogs. A Mossy 500 and Stevens/Sav. 12 ga with 00 buck for 2 legged pests if we have to back up into the bedroom.

An AR and AK with extra mags ready if there are a bunch of "party people" are trespassing in the field or yard. Most usually armed. Lotta those around too. Lotta people shoot around here. Guns going off all the time, usualy weekends. Some hunters some just shooting. Some to the orth, some to the west. Not much in the other directions. Lotta tailgate parties too. Nothing like drunks with guns.

Do I have enough or am I just paranoid?

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good GOD Pancho, I like guns too, but damn. When does the revolution start? Sounds like you have everything but a gatlin gun. Please don't tell me you have one of them too!:eek:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts