Bersa Forum banner
2421 - 2430 of 2430 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dry fire with new Strikeman system.

Learning a lot about how what I do affects the strike point...moving toward a lot more 10's as a result. The tough part will be bringing the muscle memory forward to live ammo shooting and not jerking and anticipating
That anticipation gets me every stinking time on the first shot with my Bersa! The double action pull and that I still see the hammer slowly pulling down messes with me. Very low left every time. Single action I’m pretty much on target.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Shot my TPR9C, checking out the new Ameriglo front sight. Also my Sig P229RX 9mm to be sure it stayed sighted in after having removed and reinstalled the optic to accept a shroud. It was interesting as I first shot the Bersa, then the Sig and then the Bersa again. I was surprised how well the Bersa held up to the Sig in terms of recoil even though it's a smaller gun.

·
NRA Life Member
431 Posts
I knew this day would come, but I thought I’d have a few more years. The arthritis in my thumb has been so painful recently that I got the S&W 22 Mag out of the safe, loaded it and started carrying it yesterday. It hurts to form a grip on a gun, let alone shoot it. I figure that, in an emergency with my 9’s and 380’s, I’d get one shot off, but subsequent shots would be flinched off target. I staggered the seven chambers of the Smith with Hornady protection loads and Federal 50 grain CPRN. I can shoot the snubbies pretty good, but I’m taking it to the range today to see how many rounds I can shoot reliably. As Bette Davies said, “Growing old is not for sissies”.

·
NRA Life Member
431 Posts
I knew this day would come, but I thought I’d have a few more years. The arthritis in my thumb has been so painful recently that I got the S&W 22 Mag out of the safe, loaded it and started carrying it yesterday. It hurts to form a grip on a gun, let alone shoot it. I figure that, in an emergency with my 9’s and 380’s, I’d get one shot off, but subsequent shots would be flinched off target. I staggered the seven chambers of the Smith with Hornady protection loads and Federal 50 grain CPRN. I can shoot the snubbies pretty good, but I’m taking it to the range today to see how many rounds I can shoot reliably. As Bette Davies said, “Growing old is not for sissies”.
I took an Aleve tablet with my morning meds and hand wasn't in constant pain. shot 70 rounds with normal accuracy (for me) and hand didn't feel any worse. Of course that's pretty much what I hoped for with a 22 mag. I think I try the S&W 32 H&R Magnum next range trip.

2421 - 2430 of 2430 Posts