Bersa Forum banner

2401 - 2410 of 2410 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Been AWOL here for some time.........
Just got a GSG-16 .22 LR and took it to the range today.
Total fun to shoot.
GSG-16.jpg

·
NRA Life Member
379 Posts
I found 50 round boxes of CCI “Quiet-22”, 22LR ammo at Walmart for $3.84 per box. They had more but were limiting purchases to 3 boxes. I don’t think at 710 fps they will run well in any of my pistols so I’ll use them up in my revolvers. :)

·
NRA Life Member
379 Posts
Been AWOL here for some time.........
Just got a GSG-16 .22 LR and took it to the range today.
Total fun to shoot.
View attachment 4119
Welcome back Thunderstorm. Nice looking gun. I have a Tippman M4-22 that I haven’t used in a long time because I developed Macular degeneration in my right eye. I can no longer shoot with mt right eye (dominate) so there’s no sense going to the range with a fine gun like that and shoot 10” groups at 10 yards, if I’m lucky. I am using my left eye for hand guns, but can’t do that with long guns.
7BA0F12A-73A6-4D40-81F7-0571C4C6E90B.jpeg

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don’t think at 710 fps they will run well in any of my pistols so I’ll use them up in my revolvers.
They also would not work in the GSG-16 as it needs hi-velocity to work the slide.
Should be good for a revolver. (y)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I developed Macular degeneration in my right eye. I can no longer shoot with mt right eye (dominate) so there’s no sense going to the range with a fine gun like that and shoot 10” groups at 10 yards, if I’m lucky. I am using my left eye for hand guns, but can’t do that with long guns.
I'm older than dirt and have experienced a similar problem.
I'm right handed and right eye dominant with poor vision, farsighted and have glaucoma in my right eye.

On all my carbines/rifles I added a red dot sight that solved the problem using my right eye.
But on handguns it was a different story.
Took my Bersa Thunder Pro to the range last week and the hits were all over the place.
Front sight focus was blurry and double vision.

These 2 work-arounds helped me get on target.
First - used the isosceles stance with right eye closed as it seems (?) my left eye is now dominant.
Better shot groups. Not the best but at my age (77) I'm OK with that.

Second - bought a $1 pair of 1.25x reading glasses at Dollar Tree.
Isosceles stance, both eyes open - shot groups much better than above.
Just guessing here - standing square the pistol is centered between both eyes.
The reading glasses eliminated the blurry double vision and the front sight was clear and crisp.

Reactions: Toakey

·
NRA Life Member
379 Posts
I'm older than dirt and have experienced a similar problem.
I'm right handed and right eye dominant with poor vision, farsighted and have glaucoma in my right eye.

On all my carbines/rifles I added a red dot sight that solved the problem using my right eye.
But on handguns it was a different story.
Took my Bersa Thunder Pro to the range last week and the hits were all over the place.
Front sight focus was blurry and double vision.

These 2 work-arounds helped me get on target.
First - used the isosceles stance with right eye closed as it seems (?) my left eye is now dominant.
Better shot groups. Not the best but at my age (77) I'm OK with that.

Second - bought a $1 pair of 1.25x reading glasses at Dollar Tree.
Isosceles stance, both eyes open - shot groups much better than above.
Just guessing here - standing square the pistol is centered between both eyes.
The reading glasses eliminated the blurry double vision and the front sight was clear and crisp.
I ‘m doing basically the same, but I don’t do as well with both eyes open as I do with the left eye only. But I keep on trying.

Reactions: ThunderStorm

·
Registered
4 Posts
I drifted the front sight on my brandy new Thunder 380 after yesterday's Range visit. The target was as shown, namely in landscape format on the target caddy. Did a slight drift toward the right on the front sight. Will see next time out.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
The target was as shown, namely in landscape format on the target caddy.
Looks good! Love my BT .380. It's my summertime CC.

And..............Welcome!

Where is home?

·
NRA Life Member
379 Posts
Heading to the gun show in a few minutes to get some 380 ACP ammo. This show normally has a remanufactured dealer who sells plastic bags of ammo. Last fall (middle of Covid) he was selling 100 rounds of 380 for $50. I’ll see what he has today and report back. I have a minimum of 1,000 rounds of all my other calibers but I’m down around 500 of 380. I don’t want to go any lower so I’ve not been shooting my G42 or Bersa Thunder Plus or my Faih 13 (Knock off of a beretta 380 made in Turkey).

I’ll also be checking prices of 22LR. Last Fall it was $100 per 500 rounds. Didn’t buy any.

2401 - 2410 of 2410 Posts