Bersa Forum banner
2401 - 2420 of 2430 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Been AWOL here for some time.........
Just got a GSG-16 .22 LR and took it to the range today.
Total fun to shoot.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Shotgun Gun barrel

Reactions: Toakey

·
NRA Life Member
431 Posts
I found 50 round boxes of CCI “Quiet-22”, 22LR ammo at Walmart for $3.84 per box. They had more but were limiting purchases to 3 boxes. I don’t think at 710 fps they will run well in any of my pistols so I’ll use them up in my revolvers. :)

·
NRA Life Member
431 Posts
Been AWOL here for some time.........
Just got a GSG-16 .22 LR and took it to the range today.
Total fun to shoot.
View attachment 4119
Welcome back Thunderstorm. Nice looking gun. I have a Tippman M4-22 that I haven’t used in a long time because I developed Macular degeneration in my right eye. I can no longer shoot with mt right eye (dominate) so there’s no sense going to the range with a fine gun like that and shoot 10” groups at 10 yards, if I’m lucky. I am using my left eye for hand guns, but can’t do that with long guns.
Air gun Trigger Wood Machine gun Gun barrel

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don’t think at 710 fps they will run well in any of my pistols so I’ll use them up in my revolvers.
They also would not work in the GSG-16 as it needs hi-velocity to work the slide.
Should be good for a revolver. (y)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I developed Macular degeneration in my right eye. I can no longer shoot with mt right eye (dominate) so there’s no sense going to the range with a fine gun like that and shoot 10” groups at 10 yards, if I’m lucky. I am using my left eye for hand guns, but can’t do that with long guns.
I'm older than dirt and have experienced a similar problem.
I'm right handed and right eye dominant with poor vision, farsighted and have glaucoma in my right eye.

On all my carbines/rifles I added a red dot sight that solved the problem using my right eye.
But on handguns it was a different story.
Took my Bersa Thunder Pro to the range last week and the hits were all over the place.
Front sight focus was blurry and double vision.

These 2 work-arounds helped me get on target.
First - used the isosceles stance with right eye closed as it seems (?) my left eye is now dominant.
Better shot groups. Not the best but at my age (77) I'm OK with that.

Second - bought a $1 pair of 1.25x reading glasses at Dollar Tree.
Isosceles stance, both eyes open - shot groups much better than above.
Just guessing here - standing square the pistol is centered between both eyes.
The reading glasses eliminated the blurry double vision and the front sight was clear and crisp.

Reactions: Toakey

·
NRA Life Member
431 Posts
I'm older than dirt and have experienced a similar problem.
I'm right handed and right eye dominant with poor vision, farsighted and have glaucoma in my right eye.

On all my carbines/rifles I added a red dot sight that solved the problem using my right eye.
But on handguns it was a different story.
Took my Bersa Thunder Pro to the range last week and the hits were all over the place.
Front sight focus was blurry and double vision.

These 2 work-arounds helped me get on target.
First - used the isosceles stance with right eye closed as it seems (?) my left eye is now dominant.
Better shot groups. Not the best but at my age (77) I'm OK with that.

Second - bought a $1 pair of 1.25x reading glasses at Dollar Tree.
Isosceles stance, both eyes open - shot groups much better than above.
Just guessing here - standing square the pistol is centered between both eyes.
The reading glasses eliminated the blurry double vision and the front sight was clear and crisp.
I ‘m doing basically the same, but I don’t do as well with both eyes open as I do with the left eye only. But I keep on trying.

Reactions: ThunderStorm

·
NRA Life Member
431 Posts
Heading to the gun show in a few minutes to get some 380 ACP ammo. This show normally has a remanufactured dealer who sells plastic bags of ammo. Last fall (middle of Covid) he was selling 100 rounds of 380 for $50. I’ll see what he has today and report back. I have a minimum of 1,000 rounds of all my other calibers but I’m down around 500 of 380. I don’t want to go any lower so I’ve not been shooting my G42 or Bersa Thunder Plus or my Faih 13 (Knock off of a beretta 380 made in Turkey).

I’ll also be checking prices of 22LR. Last Fall it was $100 per 500 rounds. Didn’t buy any.

·
NRA Life Member
431 Posts
Hey Tom!

Checking back.
Did your connection have the .380 for you?
Curious as to how his supply is for you.

God bless!!

Michaael
Yes PPP, I picked up 400 rounds of remanufactured, 100 gr FMJ 380, but it was $30 per 50 rounds. That's better than any of the other tables where prices were going for $40 and more for 50 rounds. I also recently picked up 800 rounds of Aguila 22LR at my local Rural King store for $4 per 50 rounds.

I believe that ammo supply is coming back very slowly at LGSs but prices are not coming down yet.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Hey Tom!
Glad to hear you were able to stock up.
Was anxious to hear what you found.

We went over to our LGS and talked to them about handgun availability.
They said it is very difficult to get guns in now.
They have maybe 15% on hand compared to what they usually have.
They are going to order a Charter Arms Undercoverette in .32 H&R Magnum for us.
They are not sure what to expect.
I am hoping for something to happen just due to it being an unusual caliber.
This place still has ten boxes of ammo for it.
They put several boxes aside for us in the event they can get it.
We will let you know when we hear anything.

Several years ago, after the .327 Fed Mag came into existence, this shop had a beautiful S&W revolver in that caliber.
They had it sitting in the used section.
I loved the gun and love the caliber due to all it can shoot.
But I did not want to pay such a high price for a used gun.
After it sold I talked to them about it.
He said it was a new gun but, since he displays his guns by caliber, did not know where to place it.
Lost my chance at a beauty.
Since then I have tried to ask more questions!

God bless!!

Michael

·
NRA Life Member
431 Posts
Hey Tom!
Glad to hear you were able to stock up.
Was anxious to hear what you found.

We went over to our LGS and talked to them about handgun availability.
They said it is very difficult to get guns in now.
They have maybe 15% on hand compared to what they usually have.
They are going to order a Charter Arms Undercoverette in .32 H&R Magnum for us.
They are not sure what to expect.
I am hoping for something to happen just due to it being an unusual caliber.
This place still has ten boxes of ammo for it.
They put several boxes aside for us in the event they can get it.
We will let you know when we hear anything.

Several years ago, after the .327 Fed Mag came into existence, this shop had a beautiful S&W revolver in that caliber.
They had it sitting in the used section.
I loved the gun and love the caliber due to all it can shoot.
But I did not want to pay such a high price for a used gun.
After it sold I talked to them about it.
He said it was a new gun but, since he displays his guns by caliber, did not know where to place it.
Lost my chance at a beauty.
Since then I have tried to ask more questions!

God bless!!

Michael
I'll be interested in hearing how well your special order goes. The owner of the LGS and range where I'm a member says that he is at the mercy of his distributer who in turn is at the mercy of gun manufacturer's production and allocation departments. All we can do is hang in there.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Good morning Tom!

That is basically what our LGS owner stated.
All you can do is submit your order and wait and see what happens.
They will still take all orders and submit them.
But when and if they are filled is unknown.
So, now just wait and see.
I am hoping that since the .32 H&R Mag is an off caliber that it will not be too long and it will arrive.
I will keep you updated!

God bless!!

Michael

·
NRA Life Member
431 Posts
Took my 22 pistol out again for some target shooting. I'm getting pretty good with that firearm. I found some ammo locally and paid a little over 6 cents per round. I thought that was pretty good for todays prices. I snagged myself 1600 rounds.
Very good price. The best I’ve found around me (SW Ohio) recently was $0.08/round.

·
NRA Life Member
431 Posts
Today I’m going to repackage 500. Rounds of 380 ACP ammo. I picked it up at the gun show yesterday. I paid $60 for 100 round plastic packs of remanufactured ammo. This is at least double the pre-shortage price, but I’m having trouble finding 380 ammo locally at any price. I don’t do online any more because the last time i did it the case was damaged on one corner which in turn damages 3 boxes in the case. The hassle to get compensated was too much trouble so I just chalked it up to experience. PS The ammo in the damaged boxes worked/fired OK.

Reactions: Newt

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dry fire with new Strikeman system.

Learning a lot about how what I do affects the strike point...moving toward a lot more 10's as a result. The tough part will be bringing the muscle memory forward to live ammo shooting and not jerking and anticipating

2401 - 2420 of 2430 Posts