BersaForum.com banner

2381 - 2391 of 2391 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Daughter & husband were here for a BBQ today. He asked about cleaning his Springer XD .45, so we did. Also asked about a smaller gun cause he gets tired of carrying the big, 14 round gun around in his belt or boot. Suggested a shoulder rig for one that big or a smaller gun in a 9 mil. He doesn't like anything smaller than a .45. Also wants to be able to shoot the heafd off a rattle snad=ke out to 20 feet. Yet, he has not even fired the gun a hundred times cause the ammo is so expensive. He said the gun needs to be sighted in.

I tried to enlighten him on the inherant accuracy and practical accuracy of each firearm and about fixed combat sights. Told him about all he could do was windage adjustments with the rear sight. All he ever had was a few long guns. Hopes to get rifle accuracy out of his pistol. He cant seem to understand how much you have to shoot to get good with a handgun. Also suggested a red dot or laser, but he did nor want to spend that much.

Well, think I will let him shoot it off a sandbag rest to see if he can do any better and tcheck his flinch. Check the groupability of his gun several weights and brands of ammo.

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
356 Posts
Put 80 rounds through my S&W M&P 22C, 22LR pistol. I think they forgot to put primer in this one:
686E70B0-43F2-4646-9A0D-AAAC2686058F.jpeg

·
Registered
202 Posts
I drove to Columbus, GA to retrieve a pistol that was stolen from my vehicle back in April of 2018. It's a Ruger LCP. The 7-round magazine and 3 rounds were in the evidence box, but the magazine was disassembled. It appears that the magazine is missing a part. It will go back together, but the base plate doesn't lock in place. Also, I see little spots of rust here and there. There is some inside the barrel, close to the muzzle. I'll clean it up and, whenever I get the chance, take it to the range and see how it performs.
View media item 483

·
NRA Life Member
356 Posts
I drove to Columbus, GA to retrieve a pistol that was stolen from my vehicle back in April of 2018. It's a Ruger LCP. The 7-round magazine and 3 rounds were in the evidence box, but the magazine was disassembled. It appears that the magazine is missing a part. It will go back together, but the base plate doesn't lock in place. Also, I see little spots of rust here and there. There is some inside the barrel, close to the muzzle. I'll clean it up and, whenever I get the chance, take it to the range and see how it performs.
View media item 483
Sounds like the thief kept it close to the family jewels (IWB) with-out a holster. LOL & Happy New Year.

Reactions: Pancho_Villa

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Took a cheapo laser off the son in law's XD Tact .45 so the gun would fit in a shoulder holster rig we got him for Xmas. The laser was a Wallt World 30 bucks cheapie that kept shaking loose anyway.

·
NRA Life Member
356 Posts
I took my Browning 1911-22 to the range and used up 70 rounds of 36 gr Federal CPHP and 40 rounds of Winchester M22 40 gr BCPRN. Only had one failure and itaws odd. The hammer dropped with the trigger pull but after waiting 30 seconds I ejected the round and there were no marks on the primer. I have over 2000 rounds on this gun with all firing with deep pin hits. Could the slide not have been fully in battery? But just enough to let the hammer drop?
The failure was on/in the 10th mag. Mag 11 had no problems.
Edit - It’s 2000 not 200.

·
NRA Life Member
356 Posts
Today I’m going to the range with my Glock 44, 22LR. I’m going to cut back to 50 rounds per range visit because I’m down to a few thousand rounds and haven’t found any in the stores for weeks.

Yesterday I received a Colt 1911 A1, air soft pistol from Amazon. You cock the gun by raking the slide; fps is a little over 325. I figure I’ll try to do some shooting in my basement to substitute for shooting off some 22LR.
Well the air soft came w/o any of those plastic BBs so I went to Wally World and low and behold, they didn’t have any of the BBs in stock. Right away I wondered, “Is there a run on airsoft ammo too? I’ll check a local sporting goods store today. Just my luck I bought another gun that I won’t be able to find ammo for. I wonder if I can be satisfied with the”Pffft” noise from dry firing it. Probably not.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I finally cleaned the stolen LCP. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to shoot it, but I did recently get an annual pass for the shooting range located in the Tuskegee National Forest.

2381 - 2391 of 2391 Posts