Bersa Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I carry Winchester Silvertips in my BT380. Years ago I had the fortune of seeing its performance on vermin. On 3 occasions, the bullet penetrated 10+ inches and expanded admirably. Most of my other guns sported Federal Hydra-Shok loads.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Don't laugh..... I use Remington HTP in 9mm and 380.

2 reasons: 1) it was cheap and 2) it opens well through 2 layers of denim, but not well through 4 layers. I live near the Gulf Coast, so it's warm here most of the time. I would never run into a perp with 4 layers on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Speer Gold Dot, Federal Hydra-Shok.....in that order. to the range this afternoon to try some Hydra-Shok Deep. my first firing of the HS Deep. i've been enthused with the Deep concept, it is 99 grain and bullet has a nice shape to it that feeds well. they are not easy to find and they're expensive, but i think they are a viable choice. i'll buy some more and put 100 rounds downrange. they may well become my first choice. as usual, no malfunctions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have often used the 380 Fiocchi shooting dynamics, with an XTP bullet. They work well and tend to cheaper than other premium ammunition. They have functioned well in my P3ATs, Bodyguard 380s, and Bersa Thunder.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have Speer Gold Dot 147gr for my thunder 9 UC pro. Haven’t shot any of it yet as I’m still training and working my way up to taking a ccw class.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For 380, there is but one choice:
Lehigh Defense Xtreme Defense or licensee equivalents from Underwood or Honey Badger or Black Hills.

Solid copper bullet in sawed off Phillips screwdriver tip configuration. Good penetration per FBI, great wound channel from bullet shape. Not hollow point.

In 32acp, Lehigh defense Xtreme Cavitator. Similar to above but different tip shape due to smaller caliber.

Been hard to find of late .

For 9mm and 45acp, all kinds of hollow point choices.

For 22LR, CCI Velocitors, Stingers, mini-mags.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For .380 ACP, Hornady critical defense. They've dominated every test I've seen of .380. In other calibers they may or may not be the best option, but I'm pretty convinced for my Thunder CC.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For .380 ACP, Hornady critical defense. They've dominated every test I've seen of .380. In other calibers they may or may not be the best option, but I'm pretty convinced for my Thunder CC.
It's actually my second choice and I buy it because Lehigh Defense can be tough to find these days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For my 380 Thunder, reloaded 95gn JHP Berrys Bullets with 4gn Unique or found same load using 3.5gn Red Dot powder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts