Used Duo tone .380?

Discussion in 'What Bersa Should I Get' started by jpshaw, Jun 3, 2013.

1. jpshaw

jpshaw Well-Known Member

Need an answer pretty quick. Was looking for a BT .380 in solid matte finish. Wanted to put wood grips on it. I've had one one on order now for months at $320. I have, however, found a used BT Duo tone for $300 but it comes with 3 mags. Lady at the store says it is mint condition. The white alloy is not going to give me the look I'm going for but should I just give up take what I can get?

2. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I can almost promise you that a solid matte BT380 will come along, and cheaper eventually. However, a duo-tone, in mint condition with three mags for $300? That's a pretty good deal.

3. hilandr

hilandr thunder 380 CC owner

I agree, I guess a Duotone in the hand now is worth two in the matte later! :D

4. jpshaw

jpshaw Well-Known Member

But I really want the matte. All black with thin wood grips. I will make them thin. I came so close to driving up for 1 1/2 hours to pick the duo tone up but cancelled at the last minute.

5. 9UC

9UC Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Make the Duo Tone the first of two that you'll own. I did get the matte finish first, but when I had the chance to trade a new POS S&W made Ruger 380 for an excellent condition used nickle version, I jumped on it even though I had recently bought a 9UC.

6. JackStraw

JackStraw Well-Known Member

I have a duo tone CC and wished it was all black but lately my mind shifted and I like the duo tone. Three magazines is good. They cost like almost forty bucks a piece so you are getting 80 dollars worth of magazines there for the two extras.

7. Retired1

Retired1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I wanted an all matte BT380+ for a long time. I could never find one. Last year I finally just bought a duo tone BT380+. I like it, but its not what I originally wanted, so I kept looking. Then, at a gun show, one of my LGSs had one one their table. It happened to be new, and at a fair price. However, I did not have the money to get it so I traded a Jerico 9mm for it. I lost some money on the deal, but I finally got what I wanted. I try to like the two equally, but I find myself using the duo tone for carry around the farm doing stuff that might result in minor external wear and I save the all matte for trips to 'town'.

Update: When I posted this, I did not notice this was addressing a 4 year old topic
    :eek: :eek:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  8. exdetsgt

exdetsgt Active Member

I also wanted an all black version. However, as no blacks were available, I got the duotone. That was in early May. Since then I've grown rather fond of the little rascal. Besides, it's the only duotone I've got; the rest are either all black (Glock) or satin stainless (Ruger). And it's the only semi-automatic I've got with the barrel fastened to the frame. And it's my only Bersa. So it's special in three ways.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  9. Renaldo

Renaldo Well-Known Member

I've got a matte BT380 and love it! I plan on eventually putting gold hardware on it and pearl grips. I like the look of the matte much better than the duotone, and if you do too I encourage you to stand by your convictions!

I don't know your situation, and I'm not going to try to tell you how to live your life. I ordered my matte BT380 from Bud's Guns online for $248. It's currently being sold there for $269 shipped to your FFL. Ordering guns online is simple and easy and you can have that new matte in your hands in just a few short days.

roger65 likes this.