Bersa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my Bersa Thunder 380s ( I own two) I usually use my own reloads. However, lately I've gotten lazy and decided to try some cheap TULA Steel cased ammo. The results were disappointing. See the attached 10-yard target photo. The TULA was hitting low with a wide spread pattern. For comparison I shot three of my reloads, which were tight and near the bullseye. I measured the bullet diameter of both. The bullets in my reloads measure 0.348" and the TULA measures 0.351". The SAMMI specs call for a diameter of 0.3565 so both bullets are actually undersized I have not slugged the barrel nor tried the TULAs in my other Bersa Thunder. Nonetheless, my Bersa doesn't like TULA's alloy bullets.

Attachments

·
NRA Life Member
406 Posts
celem, Welcome from SW Ohio. I've never shot Tula ammo. I've been tempted to buy it because of the shelf price but always decided not to.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Welcome!

Stick with your reloads!

I've tried Tula/Wolf ammo in various pistols and never liked the results in any of them. I wouldn't recommend it at any price. I had good luck with their rifle ammo, but it was 7.62x39 and had been military surplus.

Herters is a good cheap brand of 380 to try out. I've had good luck in my LCP and BT380 with it.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
T have had pretty much the same results with the Wolf/Tula brand of ammo as Renaldo. I have tried it in my 9s, 40s, and .45s. Accuracy is sporadic. It has always cycled well, but is kinda dirty also. The rifle ammo in 7.62X39, 7.62X54r, &5.56X45 has been accurate & reliable in my AKs, SKSs, and Nagant rifles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts