Bersa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my TPR9c out to the range after installing the Talon Grips and Sig Xray sights (#8 front and rear). First shots, DA were right on target but my SA shots were pretty far off. I think that the reasons why are twofold. First, the trigger on this gun breaks really far back in the guard and I tend to use a "wrap around" trigger grip so it just feels like I'm pulling and pulling and nothing is happening and by the time it breaks, I've moved the gun. When I adjusted my grip to use the pad of my finger to shoot, I was right on target. There is a lot of different opinions about what is "right" and I'm not looking to debate that but for me, if I want to carry this gun, I'm clearly going to have to make some adjustments. I will say that I don't have to do that on my Sigs which tend to break more towards the middle of the guard.

I never shot the pistol with the original sights but I'm really liking the Sig XRay sights on it and the Talon grips are a definitely improvement over the stock grip. Reliability was perfect but I only shot a couple of hundred rounds. I'm a little bit worried about magazine availability. This seems to be an ongoing theme will all of my Bersa's and I had the same difficulty finding magazines for the Thunder 22lr. If they are hard to find now, I'm wondering what it might be like 20 years from now when the gun is no longer being manufactured.

For me, right now, this gun fits a perfect niche, a high(er) capacity 9mm DA/SA pistol that I can actually carry. I've looked at the Sig P239 (discontinued), P224 (discontinued), CZ RAMI (discontinued), HK P2000SK (expensive). Until Sig develops a "P365-like" DA/SA built around the magazine, this is what I'm hoping will be my carry gun.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Finger Creative arts Thumb Nail Wrist

·
Registered
Shiny things that go boom
14 Posts
Very nice looking gun. The trigger does take some getting used to. I don't shoot mine often, I haven't been shooting much at all this summer. When I do take it out, I have to learn it all over again.
I bought my first Bersa in the 90's. Mags were hard to find then and still are today. Bersa seems to be comfortable with the limited availability, and seems committed to only putting one in with each new gun.

·
Registered
Just about anything you can imagine, and everything made by Bersa
202 Posts
If you need T22 Magazines contact [email protected] (In-Stock)
As for TPR9C Magazines they are on their way to the distribution center now. (In-Stock Shortly)
As for magazine availability, I have been the Primary Master Gunsmith for Bersa in the US for over 20 years, and other than some short interruptions, I've never had a problem finding magazines except for obsolete models well over a decade since being stopped in production. The current lines have been in production since 1995 and they will remail for years to come, so I don't see a lack of availability in the magazines considering how many have been produced.
T22 Magazines - In-Stock
T380/FS380 7 round magazines - In-Stock
T380CC/T380Combat 8 round Magazines - In Stock
BP380 Magazines - In Stock
BP9CC Magazines - In Stock
BP40CC Magazines - In Stock
TPR/Thunder U/C/Pro Assorted magazines - In-Stock

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you need T22 Magazines contact [email protected] (In-Stock)
As for TPR9C Magazines they are on their way to the distribution center now. (In-Stock Shortly)
As for magazine availability, I have been the Primary Master Gunsmith for Bersa in the US for over 20 years, and other than some short interruptions, I've never had a problem finding magazines except for obsolete models well over a decade since being stopped in production. The current lines have been in production since 1995 and they will remail for years to come, so I don't see a lack of availability in the magazines considering how many have been produced.
T22 Magazines - In-Stock
T380/FS380 7 round magazines - In-Stock
T380CC/T380Combat 8 round Magazines - In Stock
BP380 Magazines - In Stock
BP9CC Magazines - In Stock
BP40CC Magazines - In Stock
TPR/Thunder U/C/Pro Assorted magazines - In-Stock
Thank you, Royce! I did order some back ordered magazines through Galati International in July since they were the only company that I found accepting back orders at that time. Hopefully, they will also be receiving a supply. I may order some from you as well just to alleviate any future concerns. Can't have too many. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts