thunder 380cc slide sticking

Discussion in 'General Bersa Discussion' started by jdd123, Feb 28, 2013.

1. jdd123

jdd123 Well-Known Member

I bought my wife a 380cc a few Weeks ago took her out to shoot it and it seems the slide sticks just in front if the stop. You can tap it with your thumb and it will go forward it does it in almost every round any idea to what it is

2. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Did you clean it when you first got it? Are you using factory, regular powered loads?

3. jdd123

jdd123 Well-Known Member

I cleaned before we took it out. Yes regular loads a few different kind (pmc, Winchester, and Winchester pdx1 defense loads)

4. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Its normal for a slide to "stick" when you release it S L O W L Y by hand only, as if guiding it down with your hand power instead of the spring power. However, if it sticks after a shooting recycle, it may need to be cleaned very well, or perhaps sent for work. Where are you located?

5. jdd123

jdd123 Well-Known Member

Southeast Alabama. I'm going to try taking it down again and clean it for the 3rd time

6. jdd123

jdd123 Well-Known Member

Cleaned it again spotless. I took the grips of this time and got all up in it. Same thing. I'm going to taker it to my dealer Saturday and see if they know what is going on

7. levelcross

levelcross Well-Known Member

While you had it apart to clean it did you notice any wear spots or places that the finish seemed to be rubbing off on? On my wife's 380 CC I found a spot in the bottom of the slide just in front of the ejection port that was scratched a little. I took a good file to it and then polished the spot with some metal polish. It has not been an issue since.

8. jdd123

jdd123 Well-Known Member

There are some one both sided of the slide and on that middle part

ForumRunner_20130303_173008.jpg

9. levelcross

Give those spots a little love with some polish and check the frame in the mating spots. This may cure the sticking issue.

10. jdd123

jdd123 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm gone try that

11. hilandr

hilandr thunder 380 CC owner

Damn that looks pretty rough for a relatively new slide. I agree that area needs some TLC. Then oil it up real good.

12. jdd123

jdd123 Well-Known Member

I done a little work on it and it cycled 50 rounds the other day with just one hiccup but that may have been my wifes fault. She is really new to pistols

13. levelcross

Sounds like that was the problem. In another forum I saw a slide lapping post that was great for new guns. If I can find it again I will post it here. A little friction is all that is needed to really mess some things up.

Post the results again when the round count gets in the 500-1K range.