Bersa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the outdoor pistol range of the SCRAP Club in Duncan, OK. two weeks ago to test fire a number of different handguns. The assortment consisted of a Taurus TCP .380, Taurus PT-22, a Sig Sauer .22 Mosquito, two Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm's, the Bersa Thunder 380, and a Rossi SS 6" .357 mag revolver.

Results were pretty much as expected. All semi-auto weapons were fired at 5 yds, 10 yds, and 25 yds. The revolver was fired at 15 yds and 25 yds. Overall accuracy went to the Rossi revolver, but that was expected due to the sight radius of the 6" barrel.

The Bersa came in second consistently, because of the good sights and the sight radius. The Thunder 380 is my favorite carry gun when using a shoulder rig. I am rather short and the Thunder is just a little large for me to try to carry concealed at the waist. I would if I could!

I just could not seem to do very well with the PF-9's. The trigger has a rather sharp edge and my finger would not last very long without smoothing it down. I like the "fit", but it a bit much recoil for the weight.

The two Taurus's are great little pocket pistols and make great backup pistols. I love the "tip up" barrel feature of the TP-22 and it is a great little training pistol if I was going to carry a TP-25 as my back-up weapon.

I like the Sig "Mosquito", but it is just to fat for my hand. The sights are good, the weight is good, the accuracy is good, but it just didn't fit me! I'll keep it in the collection and probably use it as a trail gun.

The Rossi and the Bersa won the day! But, the Rossi is just to big for me to carry. The Thunder 380 is the pistol that I keep close at home and as I said earlier, in a shoulder rig. For IWB carry, my little Kel-Tec .32 ACP wins hands down for concealment and accuracy (close-up).

If I had one wish from Bersa, it would be that they come up with a scaled down version of the Thunder 380 (keep the true PPK form, but the size of the little Taurus TP's) and chambered in .32 ACP. There are some pretty good defensive rounds available in that caliber now. Also, keep it as a SA/DA.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Welcome to the forum RevPhil. From deep south Texas. Good report ya did there. I carry the Thunder off and on. Right now, I don't have one cause my son wanted it. Looking for another used one. I have had several, all used. All worked perfectly well, and accuracy was superior to most of the pocket guns I have tried. Trigger on the KT P11s and PFs I have tried is a bit much except for the .380s and .32s. Had a TCP .32 recently, but felf kinda under gunned. Great to carry. So, right now I have a Ruger LC9. Trigger is better in DA and they have come out with a striker fired one recently that I will be looking at soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts