Bersa Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am preparing to buy my first Bersa .... a Thunder 380 ACP. In the adds I see on the internet, some pistols are listed as 7+1 and others 8+1. So, I'm confused. I thought all the Thunder 380's were 8+1. Please help a new comer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That was a concern I also had. As far as I know and found in searches, it's simply a difference in magazines. I'd like to think that earlier productions were issued with 7 round and more current productions are 8 round. I purchase mine earlier this year and not only did it have an 8rd magazine, but it came with 2! I bought it thru Gunbroker and at a very decent price.

·
Registered
116 Posts
For years the BT380 came with 7 round mags. A few short years ago they were upped to 8 rounds. So- either mag works. I will caution you though- on "ProMags". Most folks have issues with them- but some do not. I purchased 4 from Academy because they were so cheap- it was a mistake- I had constant issues with them.
MecGar mags are fine as, they are good mags but costs a little more. And of course Bersa branded mags usually work fine. You may find them in 7 or 8 round capacity.
My big caution would be- don't buy a Promag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For years the BT380 came with 7 round mags. A few short years ago they were upped to 8 rounds. So- either mag works. I will caution you though- on "ProMags". Most folks have issues with them- but some do not. I purchased 4 from Academy because they were so cheap- it was a mistake- I had constant issues with them.
MecGar mags are fine as, they are good mags but costs a little more. And of course Bersa branded mags usually work fine. You may find them in 7 or 8 round capacity.
My big caution would be- don't buy a Promag.
Thank-you, I have a lot to learn; your tips are valued.

·
Registered
116 Posts
One more thing....just a "heads-up" kinda thing. The distributor for Bersa products -"Eagle Imports" shut down earlier this year- and there has been no supply for all things Bersa except what was already on the shelf. Now there is a new distributor starting up down in Georgia- Talon Distributing. They seem to be struggling to get everything in order and open their doors. But- eventually they will be open for business and when they do-then we should be able to find what we need.
Good luck...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more thing....just a "heads-up" kinda thing. The distributor for Bersa products -"Eagle Imports" shut down earlier this year- and there has been no supply for all things Bersa except what was already on the shelf. Now there is a new distributor starting up down in Georgia- Talon Distributing. They seem to be struggling to get everything in order and open their doors. But- eventually they will be open for business and when they do-then we should be able to find what we need.
Good luck...
It also seems to have been numerous distributors of Bersa. I have seen RSA Distributors, Eagle Imports, and now Talon Distributing in Georgia. Any thoughts on these changing Distributors?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Never heard of RSA...and can't seem to find anything on them. Eagle Imports was the only distributor I was ever aware of. Talon has not gotten off the ground yet- hopefully they will get up and running soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never heard of RSA...and can't seem to find anything on them. Eagle Imports was the only distributor I was ever aware of. Talon has not gotten off the ground yet- hopefully they will get up and running soon.
I've seen RSA Distributing engraved on some 380BT's I've looked at ..... seems to be unusually high turnover in Distributors ... just wondering.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Never heard of RSA before ..... but see their name just now on a page-from Bersa.com where they are listed as a past distributor along with Eagle Imports.
Whatever the were- they are dead now. We now await Talon to get the lead out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can't say the distinct difference, but the CC BT380 and the BT380 Combat both use the 8+1 mags. I also tried out a DLX mag (9+1) with a pinky grip which works well and is always a spare mag in my EDC regimen.

Thankfully, I invested in several spare mags when the getting was good.

Holding off on a BT380+ until I can be assured of at least six spare mags available. I hope Talon can come through, as these are GREAT handguns...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can't say the distinct difference, but the CC BT380 and the BT380 Combat both use the 8+1 mags. I also tried out a DLX mag (9+1) with a pinky grip which works well and is always a spare mag in my EDC regimen.

Thankfully, I invested in several spare mags when the getting was good.

Holding off on a BT380+ until I can be assured of at least six spare mags available. I hope Talon can come through, as these are GREAT handguns...
I was confused about the list of recent Distributors and the lack of available BT380 in my area. I contacted Bersa.com; they gave me the contact phone # for Talon Distributors. I contacted Talon and they were were very Customer friendly and referred me to a Dealer nearby. I contacted the Dealer and they had recently received a large shipment of Bersa products from Talon DIstributors. I visited the Dealer and purchased my BT380 promptly. Based on my experience, I think Talon Distributors will be a positive to Bersa Forum members.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was confused about the list of recent Distributors and the lack of available BT380 in my area. I contacted Bersa.com; they gave me the contact phone # for Talon Distributors. I contacted Talon and they were were very Customer friendly and referred me to a Dealer nearby. I contacted the Dealer and they had recently received a large shipment of Bersa products from Talon DIstributors. I visited the Dealer and purchased my BT380 promptly. Based on my experience, I think Talon Distributors will be a positive to Bersa Forum members.
That is good news! :) (y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts