Bersa Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a stupid question, because I just don't know! I just purchased 3 Mec-Gar 8 round mags for my BT 380. Needless to say the last round is a bitc% to get in the mag and it does a job on my thumb. I'm old school and have always used my thumb to load my mags. Do "Thumb Loaders" help or make it easier to load a mag? I've never used one nor do I know anyone who has. Can someone answer this, as I'm thinking about buying one if they in fact do help?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I use an uplula on magazines I have that are hard to load. Worth what I paid for it.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use an uplula on magazines I have that are hard to load. Worth what I paid for it.
Here I go again. What is a uplula? Is it a thumb loader?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Yes, you place over your mag, squeeze and push down, release the squeeze and let it come up. Squeeze push down the round, insert next round, keep on until mag is loaded. Sorry about the bad instructions, but its the best I could do. :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks greg, I think I'm gonna order one from CondorsFight.com They have them for about $10.00 bucks. My thumbs are paying a heavy price with these new mags.:(

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Thanks greg, I think I'm gonna order one from CondorsFight.com They have them for about $10.00 bucks. My thumbs are paying a heavy price with these new mags.:(
You won't regrete it if you get a decent one will save a lot of wear and tear on the fingers and maybe even a few bad words lol:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey folks, got my thumb loader today in the mail. Whew, what a big difference. Thanks:D:D:D

·
Registered
223 Posts
DB

Enjoy that new magazine loader....just don't do what I have and left it on the bench at the gun range...not just once but twice... It is the first thing I pack up now after a range session

Sent from my iPhone using Bersa Forum

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks snake, I'll try and keep that in mind when I go to the range, as I also have a bad habit of leaving stuff there.:)

·
Curmudgeon
20 Posts
Ten bucks? I've never seen the MagluLa for less than $25. I got one and it works great. I had a larger one for loading double-stack 9mm and 45acp mags and love it. So when cold weather and un-cooperative hands caused loading my Bersa mags to be a drag, i ordered the smaller MagLuLa from Amazon's eBay area and got free shipping all for about $27. I'm wondering if you have a true MagLuLa for $10 ... :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hey robhic, No need to wonder. If you read my posts, I never said that I purchased a "MagLula" for $10.00 bucks. My post was about Mag Loaders, whatever the name. In fact other than asking what a MagLula was I never even mention the name MagLula. I did however, purchase a "Mag Loader" for about $10.00 from CondorsFlight.com. No need to even "Wonder", as I don't even have an UpLula that I know of. My post was about "Mag Loaders", or thumb savers not brand names.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey robhic, No need to wonder. If you read my posts, I never said that I purchased a "MagLula" for $10.00 bucks. My post was about Mag Loaders, whatever the name. In fact other than asking what a MagLula was I never even mention the name MagLula. I did however, purchase a "Mag Loader" for about $10.00 from CondorsFlight.com. No need to even "Wonder", as I don't even have an UpLula that I know of. My post was about "Mag Loaders", or thumb savers not brand names.
I have a couple of those same thumb loaders, they sure save wear and tear on my old thumbs. Great product.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL Callmaker, yes they do work and they don't cost $27.00 bucks.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
One came free in the package with my BT380 as well as my XDM9 and Sig 1911. Love em. They really save wear and tear on the fingers. My shooting buddy gives me grief over them but what's he know.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I found mine on Amazon for 10 bucks. It's not an uplula jr but it does work.
The downside is that it fits a specific magazine, whereas the uplula and uplula jr will work with most pistol mags.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts