Bersa Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to pick up a like new 383 nickel finish with wood grips. The gun is in excellent shape for it's age. Thoughts on this model? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
There at a few members here I believe that has them, think most of them were made in the mid 80s and seemed to be pretty decent guns, I would advise staying away from cheap ammo with it tho. A lot of the cheaper ammos are really dirty and corrosive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went ahead and got it. I'm glad I did. It is near mint condition. Set in a guy's drawer it's whole life mostly. Hardly much use at all. I just need to find an extra mag for it.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Must be slipping in my old age as I seem to have missed your introduction, any way, welcome to the forum from the Great State of Texas.

·
OG53
11 Posts
Congrats on the 383-A. I have the 383DA and it's real nice. Triple K has mags available should you need some.

This is from The Bersachapterhouse website:

The left side of the Bersa 383DA slide bears the rollmark: "BERSA S.A. RAMOS MEJIA, ARGENTINA MOD. 383 DA CAL. 380 ACP", with the serial number just under that on the left side of the frame, and the legend "INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA" in turn below the serial number.

Some 383DA's were designated 'Model 383 A' and were rollmarked using the Bersa logo rather than just the word, thusly: "(BERSA) S.A. RAMOS MEJIA, ARGENTINA MOD. 383-A CAL. 380 ACP", with the serial number just under that on the left side of the frame, and the legend "INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA" in turn below the serial number. This variation in markings seems restricted to the U.S. market attributable to the pistols' having come through a different US importer, RSA ENTERPRISES, as opposed to the then-typical K-MAX INTERNATIONAL.

The magazines are not interchangeable.

Here's a link to some info on the DA/A models

https://web.archive.org/web/20080502111010/http://bersachapterhouse.50webs.com/model383da.html

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
I went ahead and got it. I'm glad I did. It is near mint condition. Set in a guy's drawer it's whole life mostly. Hardly much use at all. I just need to find an extra mag for it.
Congrats on your find!:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Take some pics and post them on the showing off your bersa thread. I myself and probably others would love to see it. I really like my 83s which is similar to the 383.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts