1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Yes it does, I wish more level headed honest people would carry and futher their training past just getting a permit. I'm looking into some training classes right now that does just that. The class I'm looking into if work slows down enough to do it covers engaging multiple targets, how to look for cover options, shooting in stressful situations, how to identify possible threats etc. I'm hoping to do it this fall or winter when work has slowed down. Think it would be a great class with lots of shooting. Its 20 hours, 4 hours a night for 5 days.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey mules, I think that is fantastic. More people should have that mindset. I am a retired Law Enforcement Officer and I still train with my weapons at least twice a month. I know for a fact that if a criminal knows you are armed and well trained they will think twice about attacking you, (not that they would or should know that about you). It will give you and your family, peace of mind. I've been carrying a weapon one way or another for almost 30 years now and have no plans to stop. Articles like this one just reinforce my desire to EDC, even though I knew this long before the article even came out.

Congratulations on your desire to continue your training, as it will serve you and your family well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wonder what our for fathers would actually say to us. Im sure there just as disgusted as we are or at least me on how bad we allowed things to get. I might be only 27 but things have really changed over the years. Thank god i made the choice to join the military and get enough training to know enough. Now i just keep up the training so encase i end up being at any of those situations, i can at least save as many lives as i can.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sticky, my hat goes off to you sir for your service to our country. Military and Police training seems to put one in a different mindset as it relates to personal safety. By that I mean we are more aware of the people around us, our surroundings and that which is going on. IMHO this is particularly important in that as the artical pointed out, most of these shootings occur before the Police even arrive or are notified for that matter. So what does that tell us as ordinary citizens? We must be "On-Point" and be ready to defend oursleves and family at a moments notice. I recall someone was asked, why they carried a gun? The person responded that they carry a gun because they can't carry a Police Officer around. It makes sense to me.

As a Vet. and former Police Officer, I would encourage you to continue your training and never stop, in that you never know if the s%#t hits the fan so to say, will you be prepared and ready to respond. If God forbids, something likes this does occur, you will no doubt revert back to your training, and that is a fact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts