Bersa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well with much anticipation I have waited for this day. But my wife had other plans we had to attend her nieces B-day party this afternoon. So knowing my time at the range would be limited I preloaded both mags to give me a little more range time. Now I was only able to load 11rds. in each mag at first but on the second reload I did get 12 in each mag. Anyway I'm now at the range and I had no idea what to expect as I popped in the first mag racked the slide and squeezed the trigger, taking up the slack meeting the wall and gently continuing the squeeze...Bang!

First round 4"low and left about 4"! I emptied the first mag and all shots were in a nice tight group. I had a screw driver that really didn't fit but I was able to move the rear sights, but time wasn't on my side as I needed to hurry. I've inc. a picture of my target as I emptied the remaining 28 rounds into the target, some with care one mag as fast as I could get back on the bull.

A very controllable & comfortable C.C. gun that I can't wait to start using. Yes I know 50 rds.is barely scratching the surface. But the gun has shown me it groups superbly at 7yds., Next time out I'll run another box of FMJ and get the sights dialed in. Then I'll run some Federal JHP to make sure all is a go.

There is little doubt based on the shooting I did that if this gun said XDM or M&P it would have a huge following along with a price in the upper range of 400.00. To say that Taurus got this one right is a understatement...They knocked it out of the park!!

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a heads up guys for those interested the 9mm Taurus Millennium PT111 G2 or the 40 cal version is still on special at Palmetto State Armory for only $239.99 . This is a great C.C. pistol guys! I love my BP-9cc but I'm quite impressed with this Taurus too.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I just traded a Taurus PT709 Slim. Was going to go with the PT111G2. The G2 just fits. Taurus did their homework on this one and got it right. The problem for me was the trigger. I thought the PT111's were DAO. Well, they changed the trigger to the same SA/DA trigger as The 709. The slack you mentioned before you hit the wall is what I could not come to grips with.

I think you will like the PT111G2. And I hope it is as reliable for you as my PT709 was, somewhere around 2000 rounds with only about 3 or 4 fail to extract due to dirt that got under the extractor. It's just not for me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Different strokes for different folks i guess. I like the trigger and I really like the double strike capability this gun has, not many hammer less guns have that. I just can't get over the 2.39.99 sale price and that's for either the 9mm or the 40!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The PT111g2 also uses sig 226 mags so you can carry a 18 or 20round sig 226 mag as back up and the extra length make reloads easy. We have one my wife splits carry time with a bersa cc and m&p and now a thunder plus as a replacement for the CC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts