The New Norm?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by jkurt70, Jun 18, 2013.

1. jkurt70

jkurt70 Member

Local gun dealer got some cci 22lr 100rds. Cost is $20 for 100 rds. Is this where they will go as the ammo comes back?:mad:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Prices rarely come back to the price point they were before a scare / rush to buy.

3. jkurt70

jkurt70 Member

More than 100%

I agree with your statement but over 100% a bit hard to understand. You are right. A well known bullet company is slowly coming back at a 30 to 40% increase. Not bad and probably will decrease as things settle down. I will remember the ones that took advantage of the "scare".

jkurt:(

4. WayneJessie

WayneJessie Active Member

Even if we don't have another nut-job kill a bunch of people the fear of it happening and the ammo run that will follow is going to keep ammo supplies low and prices high. Maybe I am just pessimistic but I never expect prices to return to pre-Sandy Hook normal.

5. jkurt70

jkurt70 Member

You are correct. The small dealers here where I live seem to be a bit more realistic about this issue. eg: Remington 550 rd box $23.50 when they have it in stock. How much you pay for ammo is a personal decision based on wallet and need. I just consider a 140% increase a bit of a wash. Demand will regulate price as it should.Pricing that allows dealer to restock at a profit is ok. Taking advantage of a situation is not.

Stay on Target!
    Kurt:)