Bersa Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Only the ones with bad experience talk about it. And I happens with all manufacturers. People need to stop worrying about the worst case scenario. Our government is that way and now because a new variant of COVID is out now the mandates start again be fore they even know if it is something to worry about. As far as guns are concerned, if the gun has a bad design then it is something to worry about, not warranty service.
Well, of course the folks with bad experiences talk about them. Doesn't make them any less valid, does it?

Can't go down the political rabbit hole with ya. Not that I don't empathize with what you're saying, just don't want to spin up on the subject.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I think what he’s saying is more of any issues are in the minority. You just never hear about the hundreds/thousands that have zero issues. Just human nature to be like that. Try not to get hung up on the very loud minority. No biggie.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think what he’s saying is more of any issues are in the minority. You just never hear about the hundreds/thousands that have zero issues. Just human nature to be like that. Try not to get hung up on the very loud minority. No biggie.
Thanks for the clarification - my thick head finally got it!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It’s easy to listen to a few bad experiences and think that’s par for the course. Happens to all of us, including me!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, of course the folks with bad experiences talk about them. Doesn't make them any less valid, does it?

Can't go down the political rabbit hole with ya. Not that I don't empathize with what you're saying, just don't want to spin up on the subject.
I was just making a comparison. And yes it doesn't make them less valid but if one gun is bad and that person goes on ten threads and talks about it it is still just one bad gun not ten. The good far outnumber the bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not seeing the same story on ten threads. More of different stories altogether.

Thanks to all for the your thoughts and input. I do hope you loyalty to Bersa pans out in a good way.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am not speaking of on Bersa forum, but someone has a vendetta for another company and posted the same complaint on 7 different threads on that company's forum. And I have seen several complaint posted on this forum from the same person for the same issue. I have owned 2 Bersa Thunder 380 and have had no complaints on neither one, so I have no experience with their customer service or warranty service and I am certain there are way more of us that the ones who had lemons. As for Talon distributing let's let them get set up and judge them on their merits and not on the past handling of things under Eagle. Also there still is an open lawsuit between Eagle and someone who claimed a Bersa Thunder 380 went full auto and caused injury. This could be why Talon distributing is moving slowly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bud's has the ultra compact pro in stock for $395. Im not sure but the tp9c I believe has been discontinued.
That's good to know it's in stock. As for it being discontinued, didn't they start offering it in FDE with threaded barrels or is that just teh full size.

Don't get me wrong. I like the TPR9C. And I can source it locally at the moment. I've held one and fired it - it's a nice pistol, and one I would purchase if Bersa had optimized their distribution and warranty service in the U.S. But I'm reading many horror stories about finding parts. And I'm aware of one or two regarding warranty service. No such issues with the PX4, which I can also source locally for about $100 over the TPR9C.

I own two Bersa pistols. I'm a big fan. But I'm holding off purchasing another until they get things in the U.S. settled down a bit.
If warranty service is your main concern, I think American Arsenal & Armory L.L.C. is still an authorised warranty service center for Bersa.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Why the tape? If you were trying to hide serial number it is on frame below the Talon stamping on slide.
I didn't even notice that until after I took the picture. The engraving is fairly shallow. Well, it's up there now. I'm not going to worry about it. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I didn't even notice that until after I took the picture. The engraving is fairly shallow. Well, it's up there now. I'm not going to worry about it. Thanks for the info.
No problem and having the serial number out there isn't that bad, unless the gun was stolen. Actually if anyone would steel it from you you have proof that it is yours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I finally got a call back from Talon today. Very nice guy. I had called trying to find 13rd mags for my Thunder 9 UC. He said they’re still in the transition period but are due to get their website up very soon and have product arriving and shipping to retailers and wholesalers within a month. He specifically noted that almost all of the messages he has to get back to people about are for mags. Hopefully we’ll start seeing it in shops and websites again very soon. Just wanted to let you all know!
FYI...Anyone needing Bersa Thunder Plus 380/15rd magazines I have found them!! Galati Intnl. has just received a shipment!! They are $40.95 ea. limit 2/order....Their number is 800.444.2550........They have about 80 in stock so hurry.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
FYI...Anyone needing Bersa Thunder Plus 380/15rd magazines I have found them!! Galati Intnl. has just received a shipment!! They are $40.95 ea. limit 2/order....Their number is 800.444.2550........They have about 80 in stock so hurry.
Nice!!! Slowly getting there. Looks like the 9mm 13rd mags are still back ordered sadly. But hopefully they’ll get some soon. I’d like to have a couple more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice!!! Slowly getting there. Looks like the 9mm 13rd mags are still back ordered sadly. But hopefully they’ll get some soon. I’d like to have a couple more.
We just got finished sending a shipment out this week so hopefully stores will start getting restocked with the magazines you need.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered 3 off of their website not Knowing there was a limit of 2 do you think my order will still go through even if they just send 2

·
Registered
Bersa Thunder 380
14 Posts
Yes, im going to try and be somewhat active on this forum to answer questions and help out where i can. Dont be afraid to message me if you have any questions.
It’s nice to have someone from Talon here, I know some owners were concerned about the change over. Hope everything is going as smooth as possible for y’all!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts