Stoeger Firearms Thread

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by SHOOTER13, Sep 27, 2012.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

This thread is dedicated to the firearms of Stoeger...please post a picture and tell us about yours...

==============================================

Pictured below is my Stoeger Uplander double ( side x side ) 3" 12 gauge shotgun featuring A-Grade American Walnut stocks... 26" ribbed barrels choked Improved Cylinder and Modified with a bead front sight. It is my first and favorite shotgun for upland fowl and turkey.

[​IMG]

2. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Nice shotgun SHOOTER13. Walnut on it looks really nice and dark.

Just got one of these 3 weeks ago and haven't taken a pic of it yet. A Stoeger Luger in .22 cal. This is a beater I had a few years ago. Think these were made by Erma Werke in Germany. The most recent one I got is almost perfect, probably not shot very much cause it doesn't feed well. The beater I had worked pretty well, probably used alot and was fugly.

Got the newest one in a swap so I ain't out much. Will probably never shoot it. Just mostly to look at cause I can't afford a real Luger. Toggle works like one. Ejects well, just doesn't feed well. Tried different ammo, some better than others. Very accurate when It does shoot. Mostly alloy. Even the steel barrel is in an alloy sleeve.

A pic of the beater.

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/...nco SKS/?action=view&current=StoegerLuger.jpg

3. SHOOTER13

Thanks...always wondered about those Stoeger Lugers...post a pic when ya can !

I've always wanted a real Luger for my collection...but cost is prohibitive.

Let me know what you think of it if you ever shoot the Stoeger...OK ?

4. Pancho_Villa

I did shoot it with assorthed ammo. It had problems like the others Ihave had. I have owned about 4-5 over the years. The last beater was the best one to shoot. It would make it through a mag sometimes. Most would fire one and then not fire. The toggle usually doesn't always come to full battery. It looks closed, but is just a bit short. All have done that. This was the best looking one I ever had. Main reason I got it. I figured it had the smae problem.

I tried forever to get a 1917 Luger that my mom's dad brought back from WWI. He lived on a ranch halfway between here and the border. Rough conditions. He only had that and a double 12 ga. My oldest living uncle got the gun when the old man died. He had offered it to me if I could get hmi a Colt Match Target .22 or a Colt Ace. Yeah right! If I could afford that I could get a Luger. Uncle died last year after a short illness and don't know where it went. His son may have it. But the cuz had been busted once for trying to run a load past the local border patrol checkpoint. He did time. I figure if he did get it, it got tradeed for dope by now.

5. SHOOTER13

Damn shame...the one that got away !

6. zekest

zekest Active Member

My Cowboy Action Shooting main match shotgun is a Stoeger Coach Gun, slicked up and modified for cowboy action shooting, which you would NOT want to do if you use it for hunting.

Mods include a good polishing and slicking up so it opens like butter. See <http://marauder.homestead.com/files/Stoeger.html> Reduced tension spring from Long Hunter Shooting Supply <http://longhunt.com> so you can open it with your pinky finger if you want, and modification to the bar that turns the safety on every time you crack open the gun to add more shells. Again, not something you would want for hunting.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  7. Pancho_Villa

8. SHOOTER13

Very nice PV...thanks for lettin' me view it !