Steel Reactive Target--Range Report

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by BersaOwner, Mar 16, 2013.

1. BersaOwner

BersaOwner Well-Known Member

I bought this steel target last summer at a gun show & just got the chance to get it to the range to try it out. When I bought this target the guy that was selling them told me that this one will take as much as a .223 hit but not to use a .30-06 on it. It cost me $40 I think & it is about 12" tall.
    [​IMG]
    So I took it to the range & gave it a try with the .223 AR first shooting at a distance of 75yds. Here is a picture of what small amount of damage was done from the .223 rounds
    [​IMG]
    It had such small amount of damage from the .223s that I thought I would give my AK47 (7.62x39) a try, here is the results of my test.
    It was from steel sights so I only got one hit.
    [​IMG]
    Then in my test I gave my AK74 (5.45x39) a try, but this was surplus steel core ammo so I expected some damage maybe a hole through it. I took only one shot first to see what happened, that was the mark at the top of the paddle. After walking out & back I took another to get a good hit, here is what I got.
    [​IMG]
    There wasn't much damage by any of the rounds I fired & was a lot of fun. I'm thinking about getting a few more of these targets now if I can find a link to them. I was at the Indy 1500 gun show when I bought it so if anyone knows who was selling them please let me know.:confused:

2. freefire2

freefire2 Well-Known Member

I saw on Youtube that Western Targets has them although I didn't find them on their website. Someone also said they found theirs on ebay. The Indy 1500 is on this weekend; maybe you could get them there, again. Wish you luck in finding them :)

3. BersaOwner

Sense the panic hit I don't go to gun shows it is a wast of money, but thanks for the info anyway.

4. BersaOwner