sr22 or thunder 22

Discussion in 'General Bersa Discussion' started by cjive134, May 31, 2013.

1. cjive134

cjive134 Active Member

Looking to buy a 22 pistol. I don't really want a mkiii or buckmark type pistol. I've narrowed down to either an SR22 or a thunder 22. I like the grip on the sr22 and I like the grip on a ppks but have never held a bersa. What do you think I should buy?

Also, a dealer will give me an even trade on a new bersa 22 for my likenew kahr cm9. Fair trade?

2. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I never regretted purchasing my BT22. I deeply regret selling it, and plan to get another one. Its a very good gun, but its picky with ammo. As for the trade, I can't say for sure. The dealer has to come out ahead so he can re-sell it, but I honestly don't know what a CM9 is worth. A BT22 is almost $300 new, though its possible to find some for a little less.

3. jpshaw

jpshaw Well-Known Member

Cannot comment on the SR22 since I have no knowledge there but I can say from experience that both the PPK and PPK/S will give you hammer bite. Bersa sorta eliminated that hammer bite with that generous tang.

4. freefire2

freefire2 Well-Known Member

I love my SR22. Absolutely perfect from the beginning. I like the adjustable rear sight (wind age and elevation) and the ergos. DA trigger is stiff and gritty but, SA is very nice. I don't think you'd be disappointed as long as you didn't have to overpay.

5. cabbage

cabbage Active Member

I disagree with hammer bite for the ppk/s 22. ive taken mine out 4 times now and neither myself or others have ever experienced it one time

6. jpshaw

jpshaw Well-Known Member

Oh, it won't getcha every time but the PPK has always been noted for an occasional bit. The PPK/S is just the PPK upper on a PP frame to get past the 1968 gun restrictions. My PPK could go for years behaving itself but it was always waiting for a chance. And actually the shape of your hand can have as much to do with it as anything else. If your hand is not very fleshy between your thumb and 1st finger you may be good to go.