Bersa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose you can call it curiosity, but, I am wondering. The .380 Bersa automatic pistols have gone through several iterations getting to where it is now. One thing that the designers do not appear happy with is the type or style of the slide stop. Some model such as the Thunder series it is hanging off the frame for the whole world to see, yet others such as the Model 83 it is internal and hidden from the adoring public. These are not the only types out there. I am wondering which type has been the most reliable and least prone to breakage and malfunctions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have a Thunder 380 cc Crimson trace I bought new just over a year ago. Has slide stop issues. Have not been able to get any warranty help at all except the run around. I and the dealer that sold it to me have tried to get a gunsmith to take it under warranty. No success. Eagle imports is not the company they used to be.
Finally gave up and filed down the part that Rests in the mag follower, and pushes up the catch lever. Eliminating the last round stop issue, by eliminating the feature. So at least it does not jam on an empty mag anymore, just no last round hold open. But slide stop will still engage and disengage.
If I could do it over again I would have bought a Walther.
To be fair other then that not a single complaint.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mitty 38, Thank you for the reply. I was starting to think there would be no response to this inquiry. I find interesting that you mention the Walther. I seem to recall that the Bersa model 83 utilizes a slide stop modeled after the internal slide stop of the Walther design.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Bersa Thunder, 83, the Walther PK380, and PPK among other designs, are step brothers.
Designs created by the inventor of the Original P38.

All based on patent designs by Carl Walther in the 40's. Mfg rights were sold out to Bersa, The New Walther,. Beretta who sold rights to Taurus. You will see a lot of similarities between those makes, especially Sa/Da models, as the parts the modern guns are based on Carl's designs and firearms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts