Bersa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to paint the sights on my 380 plus so they are more visible in low-no light situations.
Please let me know of what you have used why you liked it or why you did not like it.

Thanks in advance for your advice and experience with sight paints.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just go to your neighborhood drugstore and check out all the fingernail polish. I found some nice green and orange/red florescent stuff for only a few bucks. I usually redo mine each month because I fire them every week. I would also look at fiber optic sights. I made my own with some fiber optic tubing I had. Just drill out the holes and locktite them in...works great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been running Bright Sight paint on my BP9CC for quite a while now. I went with the bright orange and really like how much more visible the dots are now. The BP was my test case and now all my firearms that don't have night sights have orange sights.

Here's a crappy cell phone pic of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My father gave me some powdered phosphorescent paint that he used for fishing lures that I have been experimenting with on different things, I am about to try it on my P32 as a test for firearms and will post my results when I have not only done it but fired it enough to get a good feel for things as well. Main thing I am concerned about is that they need to be heated for proper installation, and I plan to use clear nail polish to seal them on as well, but not sure how it will handle cleaning solvents, so when everything is tested I will post it up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have seen where a gunsmith will mix the desired color with some epoxy and drip into the sight after removing the old color from the sight with a drill bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts