Bersa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the mistake of editing my original post and it has been stuck in approval limbo, reposting:

Hello All,

I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 380 plus combat I've been eyeing to carry for some time. I put about 200 rounds through it at the range and it was great to shoot. The only thing I've noticed is that the DA trigger pull has a rough clicking start to the range, and I wanted to see if that was normal or if there's some poor tolerances somewhere that I can fix. There's two, some times three sets of crunchy clicks. The first mm of the trigger pull is crunchy and feels like a spring is shifting or slipping into a seat somewhere. With the grips off I can't really see anything move, and the hammer doesn't do anything. The second click seems more like it's supposed to happen, I can see a tension spring between the handle and magazine click forward and a gear advance with the hammer advancing about a millimeter and staying. I thought it might smooth out after the range but that hasn't happened, and other DAs I've use are much smoother. It's pretty annoying and I would rather a smooth (and quiet) pull through the entire range, but I would like to know from anyone else with a Thunder plus if it's just normal and I'll live with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Being it's a DA, the trigger pull has to overcome the tension of the hammer spring, with is in the grip itself. At only 200 rounds, it is still breaking in, but I would take it apart and give it a real detailed cleaning. There could be some grit caught up in the action somewhere. After you clean it, spend a lot of time dry firing in DA. That should help smooth it out a bit more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I don’t think this is normal behavior. I’ve dry-fired and put a few hundred more rounds through it and it still has the issue. After staring at the mechanisms for a few hours, it looks like one of two things: either the sear is slightly too long and isn’t re-engaging with the catch on the hammer, or the catch on the hammer is out of position by a few degrees. In either case, a very light press on the trigger causes the sear to snap into the catch on the hammer. I can also press the sear with a screwdriver and cause it to engage with the catch. I’m thinking I’ll take a file to the sear to remove a few thousandths of material and it should fix the tolerances. Does anyone see any issues with doing that? Should I file the hammer catch instead?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts