River Road Oregon Ill.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by hotshott, Apr 19, 2013.

1. hotshott

hotshott The "Bass-Tard" Son

Been spending a few days on the river in Oregon.. After an entire nite of heavy rainfall, The river has risen above the floodstage of 13.00ft. and is expected to crest at 17.20. Currently at 16.9, I am returning on Saturday morning to survey damage and to take photos. These pics were taken 4/18.
    Water level at 15.6 when these pics were snapped. If your going to camp along the river,,, You had better know how to read the hydrograph. I have been camping out here for 15 years and have never seen water this high. The floor of my camper is at 19.7 ft. This was done with the aid of a digital transit and roto beam. Unfortunately, Some are not going to be so lucky.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  2. Stratojaxter

Stratojaxter Well-Known Member

Wow! That's just crazy. I hope your camper is ok.

3. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Is it starting to go down?

4. hotshott

High Tide.

I have just returned from the Rock River in Oregon Ill. It was an impressive site to say the least. Pics posted today are after crest of 17.20 inches. I got out here on Friday eve. and arrived at the campground at 8 am Sat. morning. This is the main driveway off of River road.

Attached Files:

5. hotshott

A few pics from the road..

Attached Files:

6. hotshott

Pics from the lodge.

I waded into the lodge for a cup of coffee. The owners do not leave unless power goes out. In this case it remained power on and only power to the campers was shut down. Com-Ed is out here for the next 3 weeks doing upgrades and underground service to campers who want to foot the bill.

Attached Files:

7. hotshott

Wildwood/Grande Villa.

These two shots are the campers I own. The Wildwood is technically my sons, however my name still remains on the tittle and he pays the fee for the season. The Wildwood was raised up 16 inches back in 2010. It's a darn good thing. As you can see on the grand villa I have plenty of room before I take water. However we are going up 12 more inches by the end of May. 55 railroad ties will be delivered next week and 5 have my name on them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  8. hotshott

Misc. photos.

These pics are from misc. locations throughout the grounds. Of all the mess you see here and 81 campers this year, 6 units took water. Only one is a complete loss. Being that it is worth more to demolish it than it is to attempt to repair.

Attached Files:

9. hotshott

Strat,,, 81 campers out here and only 6 took water. One is a complete loss. The cleanup begins this coming Friday. I am going back out tomorrow. Both of my units are ok. The Wildwood is going up 16 more inches next month.

10. hotshott

River Road is open for business.

I have been in touch with the property management at the campground and it appears that the doors are open. This weekends activities will include a full scale clean up of all hand picked debris and bottles/cans. The on property tractor has a large squeegee attachment for the pavement and the other tractor has a hydraulic hitch and pin for moving trailers and misc. We all pitch in for meals weather it be breakfast lunch or dinner and the women who volunteer to cook are exempt from the clean up effort, although they pitch in just the same. .We will have access to the one section I did not get into to take pics last Saturday. I can think of a lot of ways to die,, But a swollen river is not one of them. I should be able to get at my golf cart as well. If not the exorcise will do me good.