Right grip on Thunder .380CC

Discussion in 'General Bersa Discussion' started by dwbutersr, Aug 12, 2013.

1. dwbutersr

dwbutersr New Member

Is anyone else having problems with the right grip on a Thunder .380CC starting to warp and not hold trigger spring properly in place? This causes the trigger to go totally inop in both DA and SA. I'm thinking of putting the grip in hot water (possibly boiling, but will start a little cooler) and 'reforming' the polymer then running it in cold water while holding it in the new form.

Any advice on this approach or should I just bite the bullet and get a new grip?

Dave:confused:

2. jpshaw

jpshaw Well-Known Member

Sounds like a warrentee issue to me. Check with Bersa or Eagle Imports before boiling anything.

3. j2l3

j2l3 New Member

Most likely a warranty issue. Problem is, uou have to pay the overnight shipping cost to yhe repair shop. They'll pay return ship but you'll be out nearly $65.00. Cheaper to just buy new grips.

4. bersasales

bersasales Active Member

Just call the office. We will send you a new grip. No need to send the whole pistol in to a warranty center. 732-493-0333. explain the problem and we will take care of it.

5. jpshaw

jpshaw Well-Known Member

Now that's what I call good service.

6. daft_vagrant

daft_vagrant Member

Bersa has hands down been killing it with this stuff. Between having Bersa's customer service and Davison's replacement guarantee backing my Thunder 380 Plus how can things go wrong?