Featured Remington RM380

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Renaldo, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Renaldo

Renaldo Well-Known Member

Does anyone have one of these? I'm considering getting one. I've owned a Taurus TCP, and currently have a Ruger LCP, but I'm not a fan of shooting these micro poly pistols. The Remington 380 is about the same size and price, but is all metal.

They seem to have favorable reviews. I'm just looking for any personal experiences on them to help decide whether it's worth it or not.

2. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I came real close to getting one, a friend has one. I have shot it. A lot. I like it. Bought the Ruger LCP II instead.

Jim1117 and Renaldo like this.

3. Renaldo

The thread lives! Thanks for the reply!

How does it shoot compared to the LCP II?

4. BigAl512

BigAl512 Member

Get the Sig 238 , Much Better gun , You wont be sorry ,

5. Renaldo

Thanks, don't want a Sig though. Would be sorry.

6. PeteinMI

PeteinMI New Member

My buddy just bought one. Ended up costing him $129 after rebate.
    He does not like it.
    I tried it out at the range and the trigger is really different. It is a really, and I mean really long pull. So much so that I thought it had a malfunction and cleared it. lol. Maybe because I have larger hands but it seems like i had to insert my trigger finger more then natural to fire it. Not sure if that makes sense? After emptying a magazine my finger was sore...kind of like my finger was getting pinched.
    He said the same thing was happening to him.
    We haven't shot a lot of different guns but it was nothing like my Bersa Thunder 380cc or Ruger sr9.....not that it should be. But that's all I have to compare it to.
    I would suggest renting one at the range before buying it.