Remington Firearms Thread

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by SHOOTER13, Sep 26, 2012.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

This thread is dedicated to the firearms of Remington...please post some pictures of your rifles, shotguns, pistols and revolvers made by this American Legend...

Pictured below is my 1985 Remington Model 700BDL chambered in 7mm Rem Mag with a 24" barrel.

[​IMG]

The 700BDL is a manually-operated bolt action with 2 forward dual-opposed lugs and a rear safety lug formed by the bolt handle lug sitting in a receiver recess. The bolt face is recessed, fully enclosing the base of the cartridge, and the extractor is a C-clip sitting within the bolt face. The ejector is a plunger on the bolt face actuated by a coil spring. The bolt is of 3-piece construction, brazed together (head, body and bolt handle). The receiver is milled from round cross-section steel. Depending on caliber, the internal magazine holds either 3, 4, or 5 cartridges and has a flush floor plate for quick unloading. The rifle can also be ordered with a detachable box magazine.

2. SHOOTER13

Pictured below is kind of a rarity in the hunting rifle circle...a Remington 7600 pump action rifle chambered in 30.06 Springfield. It has a 22" barrel and can be stored with the hammer down, magazine loaded, and chamber empty. To make it ready to shoot quickly, the user would only need to pump the slide.

[​IMG]

The Remington Model 7600 rifle is a progression from the original Model 760 pump-action rifle which Remington produced from 1952 to 1981. Production of the Model 7600 began in 1981 and continues at present with a number of variants being produced.

3. BT380

BT380 Well-Known Member

My Remington Model 700 BDL bolt action in .270. It now sports a Bushnell Elite 3600 Firefly 3X9X50 scope. I purchased the rifle new in 1982 and have put 475 rounds through it. That is an accurate count as I have every empty box and shot brass. It has taken deer, hogs, coyote, and an occasional poacher has been scared to death by it. :) I carry this gun every year to deer hunt and it's my baby. I had a 2 year old 750 semi auto and never used it, always grabbed this one so I sold it last month. It shoots a 1" group at 100 yds with remington 150 gn. soft point bolt tail ammo. Can't get it to shoot any other that tight so that's all it gets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. TxShooter

TxShooter Active Member

No pictures online but I have a 10/22 that has been a joy to build and rebuild over the years. One of the most popular guns I've found for aftermarket parts and ideas. Surprised it doesn't have it's own forum.

5. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Think this is a pic of a Remmy 700 ADL, .243 cal, 3X9X40 Nickon, Weaver rings and bases, poly and matte black. I say I think cause I have a Sav. 110 in the same cal that looks almost the same. My eyes being what they are, hard to tell them aport in pics now. And the pic wasn't in great focus either.

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/PanchoVilla_2/?action=view&current=011.jpg#!oZZ35QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs100.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fm3%2FPanchoVilla_2%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D003-2.jpg

Will be looking for a pic of the Remmy 700 BDL in .270 cal that that is like the one you love so much. Only have a Bushnell Banner 3X9X32 on it. It has never been anywhere except my backyard range or shooting javelina in the fields around here Got is off some guys at a gunshow back in the 80s. They were trying to sell it cuase they had lost the rear sight off the ramp and couldn't afford to get a scope for it. Whatever, worked for me at 180. It is still in perfect condit. Most of the time I used my old Ruger M77 .270 to hunt with cause it had some wear already.

I had another one in 25-06 faor a couple of years. Found ti to be nothing more than a hot rodded .243 which I use more than anything now. So I sold that BDL and a Browning A-bolt hunter in the same cal. Never used sthem for anying. No heavy bullets for that cal. I handload the .270s with much lighter bullets and have the same thing more or less.

How is this for a weird Remmy .221 Fireball, an Xp100. Yeah, that's a 3x9X32 Bushnell rifle scope on it. Hate the pistol scopes. Anyway, there is almost no recoil to it. thThe eye relief is perfect for shooting out of a truck window across the forarm. It is a single shot on a Rem. 600 action. Will so .5 at 100 yds. Well it did when I could still see. Kinda obsolete now, but I handload it too.

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/PanchoVilla_2/gunpics/Norinco SKS/?action=view&current=Rem.jpg

Hope I got all the links right.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  6. Pancho_Villa

7. SHOOTER13

Very nice...a true classic rifle !

8. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

OH, YEAH, BABY!!! I have one exactly like that, except mine is a bit older.

9. SHOOTER13

I think Dave likes this one ^^^^ ;)

10. BT380

BT380 Well-Known Member

Easy David, take a deep breath and count to 3.

11. Mitchell

Mitchell Junior Member

[​IMG]
    My 870 Super Mag. 3.5" 12 gauge - because they don't make a 4" shell.
    [​IMG]
    and one of my nicer looking guns, a 11-87 Premier.

12. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc Active Member

Here are my Remingtons a 1911 R1 Enhanced and my 870 Express 12ga excellent firearms in their respected categories the 870 is 25yrs old it has killed several thousand dove,quail and pheasants, its the one on the left side of the picture
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. SHOOTER13

Very nice gentlemen...that R1 is on my short list of things to buy !

14. NormH3

NormH3 Banned

Isn't a 10/22 a Ruger?

15. SHOOTER13

Yea...it is ! He was just making a comment...

16. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc Active Member

Shooter13 you will love it! the R1 is a great shooter has a very distinctive feel to it I am very pleased:cool:

17. SHOOTER13

I've handled one in my LGS...and a friend has one that I've shot...

so, I know it's a quality 1911a1 !!

How do you like those sights...?!

18. Pancho_Villa

Back from the gunshow. It was pretty good Sat. and kinda slow Sunday. Lotta people bringing in rusty .22s for 2 bills cause they have Winnch. or Remmy on the barrel. Lots of poly handguns with guys wanting what they paid retail for them. Nothing really cheap. I had moved a few of my clunkers so I was ready to buy something, cheap of course.

Around lunch,a guy and his wife came by with a shotgun and rifle. The shotgun was a Franchi semi in 12 ga. and the rifle a Remmy Mod. 710 bolt action, .30-06, 3X9X40 bushnell, gray poly stock, 22" matte finish barrel and receiver, detachable box mag, and even had a sling. It was like new. Guy said he was looking for an estimate on the Franchi cause he was told it was woeth alot. Probably, but not to me. I passed it.

I swore to myself that I would never by one of the Remmy 710s when they came out in the Wally World "package gun" deals unless someone practically gave me one. Well....it happened. The 7110s looked a bit cheesy with the gray poly stock and the action was not as smooth as a 700 Remmy "package gun" at the same Wally World for just a hundred and a half more new. Most of the time I bought the Savage 110 package guns. They were about the same price as the 710s and much better. Now they have the Remmy 770s which come with a black poly and samo and at least look better. Bolt throw on this gun is shorter than the 700, more like a 60 degree short throw. Haven't had time to look at the bolt lugs, but I am assuming a 3 lug bolt head cause of the short throw.

I almost didn't ask about the 710 cause I figured he would want 2 to 3 bills like most ask for them. But thnigs were slow so I asked telling him it was a .30-06 and a slower seller cause of the recoil. (usual trader B.S.) Wife said, "Yeah, it kicks and we want to sell it." Guy said he had bought it for her cause it wasn't expensive and she didn't always hunt. He had been all over the show trying to get 2 to 250 for it. No one had even made an offer. Wife said, "sell it." He said he was down to a bill on it. Duh???? I had to ask if I heard right, a hundred for it. He said yes and he was tired of carrying it and needed to go.

Being my usual Cheapazz jerkish self, I offered 80 bucks. Wife said again, "sell it." Guy started to take it back and told her he was not going any lower and started to take it back. Guys at the table next to me were eyeballing it hard. I stuck a C note in his face and he took it. wife had a big smile and the guy had a frown.

Gun appears to be like new. Bore sighter showed it was o.k. on windage and maybe a bit high. Fired one out the back door so it works. Range report later after I zero it. Almost truned it today for 3X what I gave, but I was holding out for another 50. Anyway, I really wanted to shoot it and see if it shoots well. Some say the guns do and others say the guns are jsut a POS. Can't knock it till I try one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the low bucks POS of the day on Sat. Guy I knew from home came by with this gun begging for $ to comver his Black Friday and Turkey day expenses. Also needed some cash to get his kids Xmas gifts. Kids were busy eyeballing my rubber band guns. I know the guy from home and he was probably just wanting beer money. He had been trying to get 60 bucks for what he said was a Stevens 16 gauge single shot. I told him he wasn't going to get it. It was a nice rust brown outside, inside had apparently never seen lubricant, buttack was glued together at the grip and had a machine bolt and nut through it, same for the forend. Walnut stock had little or no finish with assorted stain marks on it, buttstock was cracked, no front sight, and the custom duct tape forend clamp just made me want it even more. He said, "it shoots."

Told the guy he would not get it and because I know him,I would give him 15 bucks for it tops if it had the firing pin. It did so I assumed he wasn't lying. He said he would go make a round with it and a 94 Winchester .22. He anted 3 for it which would not be bad if it was not all beat up and half the finish gone. He left. Came back about an our later with both. He was down to 30 bucks on the shotgun. I told him I would stick to my offer or give him 2 of the rubber band buns his kids had been playing with. The kids were all happy, so he took the rubber band guns. He got lucky while he was there and 2 guys offered him 250 for the Winchester. He sold it too and left happy. Kids left happy.

Pics of the 16 ga. POS. Yeah, I fired it once. Gonna be a long rehab for this one. Luckily I hae a whole case of 16 ga to test fire it with.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  19. Pancho_Villa

Dug up the ammo I had for a .30-06. It was some ammo that was re-reloaded last year. I had asked a local if he had some 06 rounds so I could just check a rifle I was going to sell. He gave me a box and a half of old reload that had been in a storage room for over 10 years with no air-cond.

Decided to pull a bullet cause I just didn't trust it. Found the powder had caked up. So I had to chisel it out of the cases after I pulled them all. Weighed the bullets. Some were 130s and some 150s. Put new primers in the cases, CCI large rifle and my standard charge of 59 gr. of IMR 4831. Only reseated the 150 gr. JSPs of unknown maker. Only had 16 rounds left, so I had to be carefull not to shoot too many. Hate to get new ammo and I don't have a die for 06. I had to seat the bullets with a .300 Savage dies set. So loading more is not an option.

Rechecked the scope zero on my bore sighter. It showed o.k. for windage and a bit high, just like before. Then Ihad to check to make sure all the rounds would chamber in this gun. Cases were suppost to be sized full length, but I always check. Only 14 could chamber.

Only let 2 rounds go. Never cleaned or wiped the barrel. It looked good as it was. For a low bucks package gun, it did o.k. the 2 rounds went @ 2" high and just an inch apart at 100 yds. O.k. for this one.. I was shooting off a bench, no wind, sunny day, 80 degrees and using the wifes bath towels for sandbags. Usual target the Pancho Villa, pizza box target with a 2" center. Even got 12 rounds left for hunting season.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  20. SHOOTER13

Good story...sweet score PV !!