PROLIFERATION OF NEW PISTOLS

Discussion in 'Blog Forum' started by Tarheelcracker, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Tarheelcracker

Tarheelcracker Member

I went to the range today at a high end gun store here in Central FL. After shooting I looked around the store and was struck by the endless proliferation of 1911 knock offs, Sigs, Glocks, assorted plastic freaks, etc,etc,etc. Most of the new guns shown were $1000 plus models, some quite beautiful as machinery goes, but I gotta say for the most part boring and unexciting.

Come to think of it, the gun magazine new pistol reviews I read have degenerated into 1 look alike gun report after another and don't get me started on the whole "black gun" AR business. Is it any wonder that gun sales are down? Currently I'm reading only about 20% of my gun interest magazines. Is it just me getting old and jaded or has the gun market magic peaked. Mind you, it isn't a total waste as I discovered the Bersa Thunder in a recent American Rifleman article.

All things considered, I get more pleasure out of U tube gun videos when they aren't hosted by complete morons. LOL.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  2. Pistol_Packin_Preacher

Pistol_Packin_Preacher Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you.
    Everything looks the same that is being produced.
    The 1911s all look alike.
    The full size semi-autos all look alike.
    The small .380 and 9mms all look alike.
    At this point it may be hard to really come up with something new.
    Now it seams to be cutting weight seems to be the "coming thing!"
    At least Taurus has tried with their "View" and "Curve" handguns.
    Since I am a revolver guy I pay attention to anything new in that sector.
    Looks like Ruger has been busy with their GP100 creations.

Just some thoughts ...

God bless!!

Michael

Thus says the Lord, Who makes a way through the sea And a path through the mighty waters, “Do not call to mind the former things, Or ponder things of the past. “Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:16, 18-19 NASB

Kennydale likes this.

3. JackStraw

JackStraw Well-Known Member

I held a Ruger Security 9 and tried the trigger. It is really nice! I believe the action on it is similar to the Walther Creed as it is sort of double action, you can see a tiny hammer, but it behaves like a striker fired. I would get one if I didn't have enough already.....