Problem with BT 380 CC

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by Kman314, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Kman314

Kman314 New Member

I received my new BT 380 CC (my first Bersa firearm) a couple of weeks ago and finally was able to shoot it this past Saturday for the first time. I was shooting Federal American Eagle 95 gr ammo. After about 60 rounds or so, the slide would no longer pick up a new round and return to battery without a gentle push, so I added some additional lube. After firing a few more rounds, the slide came all the way back and disengaged from the frame as it would be when field stripping the gun. Except I can not move the slide very far one way or the other. The takedown lever will not move.

I am sending the gun in for repair today. Even if fixed, not sure I would ever want to carry a Bersa for protection.

2. mike_50

mike_50 Well-Known Member

I have had problems with my Beretta 92F, but not my Bersa Thunder 380. I have had problems with my Kimber Micro 380, but not my Hi Point CF-380. I have had problems with my Ruger SR9 but never with my S&W SD9VE. Just because I have had problems in the past with them does not mean the others that I have had no issues with are better firearms. QC inspections, production problems, molding or forming, break in period, ammo, different grip or shooting technique for different guns all contribute to occasional malfunctions......new or used. when you get it back...put it thru the test. If it is like the majority of Bersa Thunder firearms it will provide reliable performance for your carry needs.

3. Kman314

Kman314 New Member

Replacement Pistol

I received a new pistol last week. Apparently quite a few 380CCs from this vintage were replaced. So far I have put about 150 rounds through it with no problems. Hope to get some more range time with it soon.

4. snakebite

snakebite Active Member

5. snakebite

snakebite Active Member

It is hard to belive bot bad ammo can cause all sorts of prolems.