OK What Did Everybody Get For Christmas

Discussion in 'General Bersa Discussion' started by Oscar, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Oscar

Oscar Active Member

I bought Ammo, never have enough. I picked up 5.56mm, 9mm and 380 ACP. I don't reload so I buy ammo on sale. Usually I can buy ammo cheaper than my friends can reload. I only buy sales. I just keep loading up because some day the producers will work off their excess inventories and prices will rise. I also thought about Santa bringing me a Tactical Shotgun but told him to hold off. I have a Beretta and a Browning Citori. I used to shoot a lot of clay targets. Also, Tactical shotguns scare me for home defense applications. Afraid of collateral damage. Wouldn't worry outside but it's difficult to convince an intruder to step outside so I can shoot him. Will need to talk to Mrs Claus some more. So, what did everybody get?

mulescj8 likes this.
  2. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Daughter made a bunch of cookies & candy for each of us. Wire gave me a jacket. Son gave me some lottery scrarch off tckets. Ihut on one for 10 and wife hit a twenty. Didn't get any guh related stuff cause they think I have too much. I had jusi bought 2 handguns the week before Xmas.

mulescj8 likes this.

3. Renaldo

Renaldo Well-Known Member

I ordered 500 rounds of Remington 9mm 124gr Golden Sabers because they came back in stock. About 3 days after getting them, I received another package from the ammo company. It was a big box and inside was:

-100rds 9mm 124gr Speer Gold Dot
    -100rds 380 ACP Speer Gold Dot
    -250rds 10mm forgot the brand
    -1000rds .223 Norma Tac.

I didn't order any of it. The company had apparently printed a spare shipping label from my order and it got attached to this package somehow, so I got someone else's order of $500 worth of ammo. The box had the original packing sheet in it and I'm sure some guy in NH was mad when his tracking showed it delivered and it was on the other side of the country at my place.

I contacted the seller to let them know, and basically they didn't care, other than to be like, "Oh okay that's what happened to it. Thanks." Due to shipping and weight, they said to keep it. That sounds like a great thing except for...

I don't want 1000rds of .223 and 250rds of 10mm. I don't have anything that shoots it, and I actually don't know anyone who does. So now I'm burdened with a lot of ammo that I can't use and don't want and no easy way to get rid of it.

That was my Christmas gift lol.

mulescj8 and Pancho_Villa like this.
  4. Pistol_Packin_Preacher

Pistol_Packin_Preacher Well-Known Member

I did not get anything gun related.
    We bought a camper in late October and so I was considering selling to help finance that purchase.
    But ended up not selling any.

Still have my sights (gun talk - get it?) on a single shot rifle, S&W 3913, Walther .32 Bond style (Bersa 32 would be great here), and any and all wheel guns!!!

God bless!!

Michael

mulescj8 likes this.
  5. Renaldo

Classic Firearms currently has police trade in Beretta 81's in .32 ACP for $199. Every day I'm tempted to order one, but I just don't need one.
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/beretta-mod-81-pistol-surplus-used-good-very-good/

mulescj8 likes this.
  6. Pistol_Packin_Preacher

Hey Renaldo!

Don't be showing me those things.
    My wife won't let me come out and play with you guys if you keep showing me guns to buy!
    That is a nice looking Beretta.
    For some reason I like the like .32 caliber.
    I guess I just like the unusual.
    Thanks for sharing.

God bless!!

Michael

mulescj8 and Renaldo like this.
  7. Oscar

Oscar Active Member

What a difference a year makes. Last year I was buying ammo on sale loading up on inventory. Now I can't even find hand gun or 5.56/ 223 ammo anywhere locally. I looked on line and bulk sellers want .76 cents a round for 9mm! Must be all the new gun owners.

8. Toakey

Toakey NRA Life Member

Not too long ago I saw something about one of the gov agencies (Border Patrol?) making a contract for millions of rounds of ammo. That sure won’t help the supply to the civilian market.
    I have about a thousand rounds each of the center fire calibers I shoot, but I don’t dare start using that supply or it would dwindle quickly. So I’ve been shootiong 22LR for many months now. I had 4 or 5 thousand rounds of 22 when this started and thank goodness I can still occasionally find some. I check all the LGS’s a couple few times a week. 2 weeks ago I found a 333 round pack at WALMART at a very reasonable price. I think it was just under $20. Another purchase last month was a 500 round pack for $49. That’s about the top end that I’ll pay for 500 22s.
    I run across centerfire ammo occasionally but I refuse to pay double (or more) pre-pandemic prices.
    Recently I went to Walmart and there was a guy at the counter ahead of me. While I was waiting I tried to see what ammo was in the case behind the counter and I saw 4 50 or 100 round packs of CCI ammo. I couldn’t be sure because they were stack with the end of the plastic box facing out. The guy at the counter was inspecting a gun and he finally said he’d buy it. Then he said I’ll take that 22 ammo on the shelf. Next he asked to look at another long gun. As he was inspecting that gun he mention about just being at a Walmart store in another city and a gun he saw there. The clerk opened the case for ammo and told him it was 22 shorts and he said “I don’t care. I’ll take it all. Now there’s little doubt in my mind that he’s buying up gund and ammo and re-selling them for a profit. I walked out of the store.
    Sorry for the long post. My rant is over.

9. mulescj8

mulescj8 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like a couple of excuses to buy a couple new guns lol

Renaldo likes this.
  10. mulescj8

mulescj8 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Happy New Year!
    Wife got me a nice 5 drawer tool chest with a storage tray under it. Only gun stuff was what I bought myself with a little Christmas money that I got. I ordered myself a Henry Ar7 and 4 extra mags. Always wanted one, I’m going to make sure it runs good, clean it and pack it in my emergency bag.

11. Pancho_Villa

Spn got me a Shooter's Bible.

12. Pistol_Packin_Preacher

It is always good to read your Bible, brother!!

God bless!!

Michael

13. Oscar

Oscar Active Member

Finally able to find some 9mm ammo. Prices are not what they used to be. Anywhere from $13 to $17 dollars a box. The stores that get delivery their supply seems to go in just hours. I heard the CEO of American Outdoor Brands state they have a backlog of one billion dollars in ammo orders. He expects things to normalize in the third quarter of 2021. Funny thing is all this ammo being purchased and I see less people at the range lately. Must be a lot of hoarding.

14. Renaldo

It turned out to be!

The timing of all that free ammo accidentally arriving on my doorstep was kinda funny in retrospect.

My original plan was to throw up an an ad on the bulletin board at my range, but I put it off too long and suddenly my range was only open certain hours and certain areas due to state pandemic regs. The bulletin board for ads was no longer accessible so I missed that opportunity.

I had a friend who tried to see if he could sell it for me, but nothing there ever panned out. Then ammo began to climb in price. I got tired of looking at the useless ammo, so I started watching Sportsman Warehouse's website for cheap AR15's, but of course prices were through the roof and quality was all over the place. So, in my mind, I set the specs of the rifle I wanted and the price I was willing to pay for it. About 3 days later, a S&W M&P 15 Sport II with M-LOK hand guard showed up and met all the specs and was well within the price range. I snapped it up.

That was back in October. I haven't been able to shoot it yet, that likely won't happen until Spring dries out the forests. I even managed to buy another 400 rounds at regular prices.

I still have the 250 rounds of 10mm that I don't know what to do with.

15. Pancho_Villa

Muy bueno compadre! Congrats on the new M&P 15.

.40 S&W ammo was the usual cal you could find on the sheves around here during the last ammo shortage. I picked up a good amount of it for 5 bucks a box from people who bought too much of it during the last shorage. They were having trouble getting rid of it when prices fell. there was alot of it coming into the gun shows.

Renaldo likes this.