Bersa Forum banner

Newest addition: Ruger SR1911

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  sclark 
#1 ·
So, having purchased my Thunder .380 in December, and shooting it every chance I get, I began looking at the other Bersa offerings. The one that most interested me was the Bersa .45uc. One of the first pistols I ever shot was a Colt 1911 .45 and I instantly fell in love. So I decided to try to find a .45uc and see if was as much fun as my .380 but in this crazy market it's hard to find anything so I resolved to wait and keep my eyes peeled. There aren't many .45uc reviews out there to read but Jeff Quinn at Gunblast.com (a great and entrrtaining site, if you've never been) has nothing but good things to say about Bersa in general and the Thunder .380 specifically so I figured maybe he'd been able to try one out. A quick response to my e-mail stated that he hasn't but really wants to. The more I searched, the more enamored I became of the pistol's diminutive size and looks. I was starting to really exhibit some serious gun lust for it.

Then, while killing some time at the local Gander Mountain, I stumbled upon a Ruger SR1911 .45 - and it was a thing of beauty. I tried to ignore it and left without it, but spent most of the night reading reviews online. Apparently they've been on the market for a year or so and are garnering excellent reviews. I caved. I drove back to Gander Mtn the next morning and bought it. It's got the 5" barrel and is resplendent in a matte stainless steel finish. Unable to get to a range for a few days, I found myself peeking at it several times a day and just holding it for the sake of familiarization.

How's it shoot? Beautifully. It's actually more comfortable and accurate than my Thunder .380! Probably due to the heavier and larger frame absorbing some of the recoil. Even my wife adores it. At 4'10" and 105lbs, I expected it to kick like a mule in her hands. Her first three shots were all within the smallest ring on the target, with one dead in the center of the bullseye. And this is at 21'.

As lovely and smooth as it is though, it's a little big to use as a CC weapon. The Bersa will remain my CC choice but the Ruger is my range gun.

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Glock.

Mlloyd, you've got one! How's the recoil "bite" when shooting? Are you pretty pleased with it's accuracy? Is it easy to re-find your target after shooting? Do tell! I'm still drawn to the .45uc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.