Bersa Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, all! I'm an American missionary in Brazil (rural Sao Paulo/Parana states). I had a Bersa .380 CC as my carry gun at one point back in the US (sold it to a friend in a fit of stupidity), and I am currently navigating the mind-numbing bureaucracy in order to get one here in Brazil. Pricewise, they seem to be more reasonable (at around $900) than Glocks and S&W's (which the local gun store is selling for $2,500 apiece).

The owner of the gun store that I'm working with is telling me that Bersa never really caught on in Brazil, and that I might be better off with a more expensive gun.

Does anybody here have any experience with Bersas in Brazil--or South America? Is there any advice you'd like to give as regards navigating the gun-ownership bureaucracy and gun purchase? More specifically, does anyone have any experience with Bersa's warranties and parts availability south of the equator?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link, Shooter!

Yes, Brazil is extremely anti-gun. Prices reflect that. Furthermore, use of a gun in self-defense implicates the defender as a murderer, and suggests that the aggressor was/is an innocent victim. Essentially, guilty until proven innocent.

Still, I'd prefer to be judged by a Brazilian judge/jury rather than be buried by Brazilians--or have to bury my wife and infant daughter.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
5,638 Posts
Understood Ben...

Genesis 9: v5-6

"And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man. “Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image."

·
Registered
625 Posts
Welcome to the forum benjaben. Some countries just don't trust their own people. If I heard correctly the largest rifle round you can hunt with in Brazil is .44-40.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts