Bersa Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this forum while researching the Firestorm/Thunder 380 lines.
Think this may be my first purchase. Checked out a Firestorm was please with the feel/fit. Now I'm finding that finding one may be difficult - everyone seems to be out of stock. Any ideas would be appreciated

As a newbie should I be looking for at new or used?

Also with our without Crimson Trace - how much does that change the feel of the grip - which is part of what sold me on the Firestorm to begin with.

Any tips will be appreciated.

:)

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Welcome to Bersa , from the Buegrass state of Ky.

Jim

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The Firestorm and the Thunder are basically the same. The Firestorm has a different trigger guard, rounded instead of squared, and the rear sight is painted differently. I think those are the only differences. The Thunder is easier to find.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Welcome NYer, from the Garden state. Ditto to what the Sarge said, the BT is much easier to find!

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Welcome from the SE coastal plains of Texas. I agree with the above on FS vs BT. The FS-380 sells to a far more limited market than the BT version. I think that California is the bulk of the FS market due to California's "approval sell list". As you mentioned above, the feel and price of the BT380 were the main attractions for me as well and I would not want the extra bulk of the laser. I have noticed over the years, the BT380 will just about disappear from the market, then reapear all over the place. The best I can suggest is Bud's, Able, or Davidson's, but right now I'm not seeing any listed.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Welcome from SE Texas! Try the Gunwatcher website to locate either a FS or BT 380. There are numerous aftermarket grips if you decide against the laser but still want something other than the stock grip panels.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Though not my question, thanks for the info on that site. Had not seen that one before.

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts