Bersa Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to forum, i need help. I am not new to Bersa but here. I have a Bersa 380 Thunder Plus. I sent it to Indiana for service, that was in June 17, got a email that they didn,t work on Bersa any more and sent it to Georgia, Now this is OCT 28 and can,t find my gun. Can,t get anyone at Georgia to let me know where or when it will be back to me. If anyone can help me with this i sure be happy. Thanks Dean

·
Registered
116 Posts
If by "Georgia" you mean "Talon Distributing".....they are not open for business yet.
Some folks have called them and left a message- and got a return call a few days later.
We are all waiting on them to get the business up and running.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If by "Georgia" you mean "Talon Distributing".....they are not open for business yet.
Some folks have called them and left a message- and got a return call a few days later.
We are all waiting on them to get the business up and running.
Hi Higgy B, I don't know i got a email from Indiana that said they sent my gun to Georgia, i though Bersa had shop there. Thanks for the reply, if they open or have someway to get to them, please let me know. Thanks DEAN

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Higgy B, I don't know i got a email from Indiana that said they sent my gun to Georgia, i though Bersa had shop there. Thanks for the reply, if they open or have someway to get to them, please let me know. Thanks DEAN
What was the place in Indiana? I’d think they’d be able to tell you exactly where/who they sent it to. They should also have a tracking number.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Beowulf, It was on Wine St. said they worked on Bersa, from what i can find out, they stopped working on Bersa 2 days after they got my gun. Then they sent it to Georgia, and now i can't find anything about it. I don't know if i should report it stolen or lost. What if someone gets it and robs someone. Dean

·
Registered
91 Posts
Was it American Arsenal & Armory? They’re a place of business. They should have a complete record or where they sent your firearm. Name of where they sent it, address, date of shipment, and tracking number. Keep calling them until you talk to someone who won’t give you the run around if they say “we shipped it to Georgia”, well that a huge place. They have records.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi All, Well still no gun, can't find out anything. If a gun was sent from Indiana to Georgia to be fixed, where would it be sent. I have called and no one will pick up. I may have the wroung number, if anyone has a phone number or email to a Bersa place that works on them , please post it or you can send me a email. My email is ( [email protected] )

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just me, but first I would safeguard ALL documentation such as shipping receipts, etc. Then - as much as it pains me to suggest usually, in this case I would notify either the local police/sheriff's or the FBI or both and keep that record. Not knowing where your gun is - linked to YOU via a 4473 - is a pretty bad thing. Insurance might also require some sort of documentation. Nonetheless, local law enforcement - at the least - needs to have this on record as to when you lost physical control.

You should have something much more definitive than "Georgia". Save EVERYTHING and print it out as hard-copies.

As far as ultimately getting it fixed, good luck. I think things will ultimately turn out okay regarding repairs once Talon is fully up and running for Bersas. As with many things these days, Bersa warranty work is in transition. I'd be more inclined to pay the bucks to a local trusted gunsmith, or directly to some good former members of BersaChat that still do Bersa work - just not under Bersa warranty coverage. Chances are they'll know more about Bersas than any warranty center for a while.

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts