New shooter from So Cali..

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by shortydoowop138, Oct 5, 2012.

1. shortydoowop138

shortydoowop138 Active Member

Hey Bersa members.. New shooter here, originally from Memphis TN but Uncle Sam sent me to Cali in 94 & I've been here ever since.. Got my 1st Bersa from my dad last yr after I gave him my Ruger P345.. To some, it might seem like I got the short end of the stick but I love my ol'man & want him to be protected.. My .380 is stock right now but I do plan on adding laser grips.. It's a cool lil pistol & I think I need at least 1 more..

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the Bersa Forum shortydoowop138 !!

Post a pic of that Bersa .380 if you find the time...

3. shortydoowop138

Shooter, I already did.. Posted it in the edged weapons thread next to my Cold Steel Spartan..

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Gotcha...I probably read this first.

5. BurgerBoy

BurgerBoy Well-Known Member

Welcome from Western Kentucky.

6. fstroupe

fstroupe Member

LOL....been thinking about trying to trade my P345 for a Bersa....

Welcome from NE Mississippi.

7. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome tot he forum.

8. havasu

havasu Administrator

Welcome neighbor!

9. shortydoowop138

Fstroupe, What part of MS? I was born down in Pike County.. The main reason I traded was someone was following my dad thru traffic.. A common carjacking scheme is to bump the car on "accident" & then rob the victim.. An 8+1 .45 in a IWB holster is better than a .380 in the glovebox..

10. fstroupe

fstroupe Member

NE MS, just north of Tupelo. I bought the P345 off of my grandson, he needed to sell it, it wouldn't have been my first choice if I was out shopping. But to be honest, a 380 wouldn't have been either. If cost was no object, it would have been a SIG P226.

Now I am thinking more towards CC and something my wife can comfortably shoot. I'm not interested in the really small pistols, especially in .40 or .45, they are just too uncomfortable to shoot, I want something to have fun with too. I have far too many irons in the fire to think about buying multiple guns for CC and the range.

11. shortydoowop138

Well, I bought my P345 because it's easier to carry than the S&W M500 that I owned.. I liked it.. Like the Thunder .380 just as much, if not more.. My next gun is going to be a 1911, IDK which 1 yet..