Featured New Ruger EC9S

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Pistol_Packin_Preacher, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Pistol_Packin_Preacher

Pistol_Packin_Preacher Well-Known Member

Ruger just continues pumping out new firearms.
    Their R&D team must never sleep!
    Ruger has released a new carry size 9MM close in size to many of the .380 firearms sold today.
    It has a 7+1 capacity.
    Striker fired.
    Integrated sites.
    Same dimensions as the LC9S.
    Differences being the LC9S slide is blued while the EC9S slide is oxidized.

Oh yes, one other minor difference, EC9S MSRP is $299 while the LC9S MSRP is $479.
    Expected to sell for around $220 to $230.

http://www.guns.com/2017/12/21/ruger-brings-new-299-ec9s-compact-9mm-to-market/

https://ruger.com/products/ec9s/specSheets/3283.html

God bless!!

Michael

Pancho_Villa likes this.
  2. JackStraw

JackStraw Well-Known Member

Pancho_Villa likes this.

3. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Sounds good. Gives me an excuse to buy another Ruger. Like I need anexcuse.

Aleady have the LC9 and the LC9s, but what the hell. Wonder if they will make a cheaper LCP.

Saw a first model LCP selling new at a gunshow last weekend for 199. The new model was 70 buack more.

4. JackStraw

I got one for 217 and I put it on top of my Bersa Thunder 380CC and the Ruger with the pinky grip on it is identical in size to the thunderCC without the pinky grip. Of course the Ruger is 9mm and has 7 rounds while the cc has 8.

5. Renaldo

Renaldo Well-Known Member

It's an interesting pistol at that price! $217 for Ruger 9mm is a very good deal.

How does it shoot? I imagine it has a bit of a twang to it due to size and weight, but maybe not.

6. JackStraw

I don't think it kicks any more than a Bersa--probably less. I didn't notice any kick actually and on my Bersa Thunder CC I usually do notice how it hurts my hand, so it is probably less on the Ruger.

It is very accurate like the Bersa. It shot very well. I notice the LC9S can be had for not much more but I do like the EC9S. I am now curious about the Ruger Security 9 which is a glock 19 sized gun but I don't want to expand my collection really although it is tempting.

7. JackStraw

the EC9 is striker fired and I think the other one has a hammer in it but I believe it is pre-cocked. Just found the EC9 for 209 delivered.

8. Tarheelcracker

Tarheelcracker Member

I guess I'm too much of a novice to understand your answer. Shame on me.

9. Renaldo

I've seen it locally for $239. Trying to figure out if this is a worthwhile firearm for me. I've got an LCP and this seems to be a slightly bigger version of that for 9mm. Not that that's a bad thing, but not sure that it does me anything extra worth $239.

Striker fired is going to be SA. SA/DA or DAO is going to have a hammer (whether you can see it or not). This has a striker.

10. Renaldo

Coincidentally, I've been looking at single stack 9mm's off and on for the last year or so. Looking at what's been available, I had been considering the Beretta Nano on the higher end of the spectrum and the Taurus 709 SLIM on the lower end of the spectrum.

Curious as to what people think of the Taurus 709 vs the Ruger EC9S, if people have experience with one or the other. Please, no unhelpful Taurus bashing. You can do that in the privacy of your garage with your dog or other loved ones. ;)

11. Pistol_Packin_Preacher

Pistol_Packin_Preacher Well-Known Member

Good morning all of my friendly and faithful Bersa brothers and sisters!

Hey Renaldo!
    I have spoke to our friends that own the gun shop and asked him to reserve the first EC9S that comes thru the door for me.
    He stated "Will do."
    So now is just the waiting game for these models to hit the stores.

Maybe three months ago we purchased the Taurus 709 from the same store.
    Was not looking to do so but Taurus must have had an over abundance of these made and offered a brand new one for $179 for one week.
    We grabbed one up.
    I like the 709 a lot.
    Only put maybe 100 rounds through it with no failures of any variety.
    The only thing with it is with the mag loaded and you hit the mag release button it only drops maybe 1/4 on an inch and you have to get your fingers into the small crevice and pry it out.
    The empty mag pops right out when the release button is hit.
    I will have to purchase a second mag to see if it is a mag issue.

As always, great to hear from a NW US Bersa brother!

God bless!!

Michael

Renaldo likes this.
  12. Renaldo

Thanks for the feedback!

If you don't already have one, try a silicon cloth. At the end of a cleaning I've made it a practice to wipe the metal parts of a pistol down, as well as the magazines and the inside of the mag well. It can definitely make a difference with loading and unloading them.

I'll be watching for your review of the EC9S when you get it!