New Person, Northern IL.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by The Wiz, Apr 6, 2018.

1. The Wiz

The Wiz New Member

Hi, purchased a .380 about a month ago. About 200 rounds through it. Good shooter. Easy to handle. Hair trigger after the initial pull to get use to. Hard to disassemble and assemble but getting easier. Not an easy gun to clean for a senior citizen. A lot of questions about it and those will follow.

2. glock26USMC

glock26USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum !

3. dutchboy

dutchboy Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome Wiz and we are glad to have ya. While you note some unique issues with your 380, by all means let us know just what particular model 380 you have. If it's a Bersa, then you have come to the right place! Most of us in here know this make/gun very well.

By all means, share your concerns, as we would love to hear them in an attempt to help you.

4. jbardellini

jbardellini Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Wiz

5. Pistol_Packin_Preacher

Pistol_Packin_Preacher Well-Known Member

Good morning Wiz and welcome to our Bersa family!
    We are hoping you enjoy being part of the Bersa forum and join in as often as you would like.
    Have a great day!

God bless!!

Michael

6. The Wiz

The Wiz New Member

how adjustable are the rear sights on the Thunder .380 and what are some choices in replacing such?

7. dutchboy

dutchboy Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey Wiz, The rear sights on the BT380 are adjustable for windage only, side to side or horizontal only. Like most handguns, the BT380 was sighted at the factory. However like anything else, shipping and movement may have change the sight alignment.

All that is needed is a small flathead screwdriver. However, once the adjustment is done I would dab a little lock tight on the screw to keep it in place.

As far as replacement sights on these, I'm not sure what's out there other than the factory sights. My suggestion would be to search the net and see what's available.

Good luck!

8. Tom M

Tom M Member

Hi Wiz! I hear what you're saying about cleaning, but it will be easier with time. Also, by comparison to a small, locked breach piece like the Bodyguard or LCP, it's a breath of fresh air. No tiny little lock pin to lose or try and jimmy back into place. You made a great choice!