Bersa Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Bersa, a Thunder 380 Combat, and I love it. I've put a couple hundred rounds through it and haven't had any problems at all. I think this may be the first of several Bersas. Looking at the Thunder 22 next. Any good pros or cons on this model?

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have had several models in .38o that worked perfectly well, Never had the .22. However, Ihave seen some threads on here about the .22s.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well sorry but I'm afraid you have the beginnings of the fever. It's too late now just go and buy several more. It's your only hope.

·
Veteran - Former USAF
83 Posts
Congrats on the Combat Model! I, too, just L-O-V-E mine! The dog-gone thing is just a blast to shoot (no pun intended) and extremely accurate....:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm amazed at how accurate they are. That's also why I'm looking to pick up a BT 22. It's basically the same gun with much cheaper ammo. It should be perfect for playing with at the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Bersa Forum

·
Special Agent
56 Posts
I'm amazed at how accurate they are. That's also why I'm looking to pick up a BT 22. It's basically the same gun with much cheaper ammo. It should be perfect for playing with at the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Bersa Forum
I just bought a Thunder22 model. Shot 10 out without ever any issues and very accurate. The safety on it, like my .380 Bersa was horrible, so I fixed it. Now it goes from safe to fire to safe etc with good lockup, but not as bad at moving it as before. Easy to clean and got rid of that "magazine" safety idea so it will fire without the magazine, like any combat pistol should. Simple fix and quite reversible.

·
Special Agent
56 Posts
You live in Valparaiso, IN, about 50 miles or so from me. Where do you find .22 ammo? It has really dried up here in SW Michigan for the pat 13 or so months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gibbs,

The 2 places I get my ammo from are Blythes Sporting Goods in Valparaiso, which also has the range I use, and Bass Pro Shops in Portage. Blythes sells both new and reloaded range ammo for a pretty good price. I've heard of a lot of people having problems finding ammo in the area, but I've never once not been able to get either 22 or 380 when I needed it. If you're ever heading in this direction, Blythes is on the north end of town and Bass Pro is right on I94 at Hwy 249 in Portage.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome from Western Kentucky!

·
Registered
314 Posts
You can always check out Cabelas! Blythes is usually pricey with their ammo. You also try gander mtn. By Southlake or Westforth.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Defensive shooting at Debs Gun Range Friday night 6 pm. 9mm or up need 3 mags and holster. IDPA rules loosely apply.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts