New here and need some info...

Discussion in 'General Bersa Discussion' started by bmdakk, Mar 2, 2013.

1. bmdakk

bmdakk Member

I hope the attachment shows up. I have a chance to purchase what I was told was a Bersa model 226 ( see photo) . I cannot find anything on the internet about this model. It has a threaded barrel. Can anyone tell me what this gun model is and what it could be worth, Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. bmdakk

bmdakk Member

also this is a 22lr thanks again.

3. hotshott

hotshott The "Bass-Tard" Son

I could not find year of MFG. From the looks of the pics and if the piece works well, You should be able to get the 22 for 225.00 to 275.00 .

4. bmdakk

bmdakk Member

wonder why I cant find the model 226 on the net anywhere. were they rare ? whats the deal with the threaded barrel. I can get the gun for $200 guy says it shoot flawless.

5. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I could not find anything either. I will check a few reference books I have later. Sounds like a good buy if it works like the guy said it does.

6. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

An old .22 with a treaded barrel? Makes me wonder about its history. If it were me, I'd hold on to it while doing deeper research. That's just me, though.

7. bmdakk

bmdakk Member

I dont have it yet david. what concerns are you thinking on its history?godd ? bad? Id really like it but if it isnt worth the $200 I can get it for I will Pass on it.

8. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I can tell you right off the bat it is worth $200, if it shoots. The threaded barrel, if its history proves interesting, will only add to its value. If the threaded barrel was just something a recreational shooter did, its still a good good for $200.

Now, lets keep in mind that I do watch too many movies, okay? But to me... an old .22 pistol with a threaded barrel? The first thing that comes to mind is military or government assassinations.

9. bmdakk

bmdakk Member

Thanks. Im gonna go try it out tomorrow, Having never owned a Bersa, wasnt sure of the value and like I said ,cannot find anything about a Model 226 or a threaded barrel. he says it shoot flawlessly and is in great shape. Ive bought and traded with the guy and he has always done be right. Just was wanting a little mor info on it since I cant find any, LOL. Thanks

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the Bersa Firearms Forum bmdakk !!

11. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporter

Welcome to the Bersa Firearms Forum !!