New Guy checking in

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by XDSGreg, Apr 15, 2013.

1. XDSGreg

XDSGreg Member

Good Morning Everybody. First time on this board. I just put a deposit on a new .380 Thunder Plus. My wife's birthday is May 5th. I bought her this gun for her birthday as a surprise. She started shooting about 5 months ago and likes it. She has been shooting our S&W .22 sport pistol. She likes that caliber. I wanted to get her something to step it up now that she is comfortable with .22. Also if she decides she wants her CCP I thought she could use the Bersa as her carry piece in her handbag. If she isn't comfortable shooting it then I figured its a another gun to add to the safe. And she can get something different that she is comfortable with. Anyway, looking forward to being on here.

Greg

2. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporter

Welcome to the Bersa Firearms Forum !

3. Stratojaxter

Stratojaxter Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard! I've always thought the best gifts were both practical and fun. Let us know how she likes it.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the Bersa Firearms Forum !!

5. hotshott

hotshott The "Bass-Tard" Son

Welcome to the Bersa firearms forum from Dupage county Ill.

6. XDSGreg

XDSGreg Member

Thanks Everybody!!

7. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

8. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Greg, welcome to the family. You'll love it here! Small piece of advice, if you don't mind... the Plus does have wide grips. Mine is on my hip right now, even right before bed. If your wife has smaller hands or if it doesn't feel right, try a Bersa CC, or maybe even a regular BT .380. You (and she) won't be disappointed.

9. XDSGreg

XDSGreg Member

Thanks David,

She actually has larger hands then me I think...LoL. Yeah I thought of the CC. My shop I buy from only had the plus which I put a deposit on. If she isn't comfortable with it. I'll keep the plus and get her what she wants. :)

10. XDSGreg

XDSGreg Member

Just got home from picking up the new Bersa Thunder Plus. I can't wait till next Friday to give it to my wife for her Birthday. It's comfortable holding it. Excited to go to the range with her to shoot it.

11. hilandr

hilandr thunder 380 CC owner

Welcome, I can't wait to see how she likes it! you may want one for yourself as well! :)