Bersa Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'll take it off your hands lol.

But yeah - leave them a message. A little patience goes a long way.
Well I took it to my gunsmith friend. Actually he is a machinist by trade and does gunsmithing on the side. He seems to think that the issue is a rough chamber and feed ramp. So he is going to polish them both for me. Hope it works.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I took it to my gunsmith friend. Actually he is a machinist by trade and does gunsmithing on the side. He seems to think that the issue is a rough chamber and feed ramp. So he is going to polish them both for me. Hope it works.
I've polished a couple in my day, it helps. Also - the bottom edge of the chamber forms a lip at the top of the ramp. Softening that edge just the tiniest bit reduces feeding issues exponentially.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well got the gun back from my friend and it runs great. He said he had seen smoother files than what he found in the chamber of this gun. Said it probably missed a step in the machining process. He said chamber was about a thousandth under size and now it is right on the money. He also filled the magazine and let it set for few days as he felt it was a little strong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone seen or heard how the new distibutor for Bersa arms "Talon Distributing" is coming along.? I have had no luck finding them.
Gary
I am trying to register my Bersa Thunder 380 with with no luck. Eagle Imports is obviously gone but the registration card that came with my gun still has their name and address listed to send the registration information to. Their site has also expired and there is no way to register online. I have placed two calls to Talon Distributing and sent emails with zero reply. I REALLY wish I had known there was no US support for Bersa before buying from them. I went ahead and at least mailed in the registration card and sent a copy via email to Bersa. I have received no response from anyone anywhere to date. If anyone has recently successfully registered with Bersa how did you do it?
Who does warranty work if needed for Bersa in the US?

·
Registered
91 Posts
How long has it been since you called and left a message? Last time I called it took 2-3 days for them to return.

American Arsenal & Armory LLC say they’re a Bersa warranty center. They’re in Indiana if that helps any.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How long has it been since you called and left a message? Last time I called it took 2-3 days for them to return.

American Arsenal & Armory LLC say they’re a Bersa warranty center. They’re in Indiana if that helps any.
I called on October 4th and again yesterday. Thanks for the American Arsenal & Armory LLC info. My main concern is that I am able to register with Bersa to qualify for the warranty.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I called on October 4th and again yesterday. Thanks for the American Arsenal & Armory LLC info. My main concern is that I am able to register with Bersa to qualify for the warranty.
Yikes. I’d leave one more voicemail. Perhaps be a little more vocal about the lack of them getting back to you in a decent time. Sorry that happened to you. Horrible service.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Don't sweat it too much- Bersa hasn't gone out of business. They have just had a temp setback. They are a small company operating outside the USA, who has lost their local representative (Eagle). I am sure the pandemic has not helped this situation. I believe (think/heard) Talon operates out of Canada? If so that poses another issue- Argentina going through Canada to do business in USA. It can get tangled up- law wise- and lately "politically". It may take a while- but it should eventually get worked out.
Bersa is a pretty good low cost (economy) firearm. I have had 7 over the years. A 9 HC and UC, 2 Pluses, 2 CC's and a DLX. Not one has ever needed repair. Only issue I ever had was that some of the 380's did not like Fiocchi and Winchester white box ammo.
I guess what I am trying to say is- hang on, it will work out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Patience Grasshopper,

I have to think that given the departure of Eagle and the timeframe to find another distributor along with the volume of product Bersa has on this continent that likely has many people calling with product concerns, product availability inquiries, repair parts requests, magazine requests, etc., the poor guy that answers all of these calls, emails, voice mail messages, etc. is overloaded and putting in long days as the newly minted company in the USA gets it's feet under itself and tries to balance cash flow, communications with Bersa, incoming orders, outgoing orders, account payable, accounts receivable, shipping, receiving of product as well as what has to be a mountain of BATFE paperwork at a time when every sector of our economy can not find people to work! Bersa USA has posted pictures of crates of pistols on their Facebook webpage and mentioning that things are progressing. It seems to me that patience in this case is the only choice you have at this time and and rattling cages at this juncture can only anger those you may have to deal with at some point if service work is required in the future be it warranty work or repairs that you willingly pay for. I have a Bersa pistol I have had for about 40 years and still has yet to see a failure to function of any kind! I cannot say that about many guns that I have fired in my nearly 70 years walking this orb. When we start seeing Bersas showing up NIB at local gun shows or on the popular online auction houses, there may still be a backlog of unanswered questions and others will be calling to register their new purchases along with you and I am fairly certain they cannot and will not let that backlog expand exponentially for very long.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Actually they’re in Kennesaw, GA. Founded 4 months ago according to LinkedIn. Just the frustrating part is their lack of calling people back.
Yes... they are located in GA. I stumbeled across "Talon Dsitributing Ltd" a month or so ago trying to get info- that's where I got the Canada idea from. Going back and looking again- I see they are a trucking outfit.... Not the same co.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to register my Bersa Thunder 380 with with no luck. Eagle Imports is obviously gone but the registration card that came with my gun still has their name and address listed to send the registration information to. Their site has also expired and there is no way to register online. I have placed two calls to Talon Distributing and sent emails with zero reply. I REALLY wish I had known there was no US support for Bersa before buying from them. I went ahead and at least mailed in the registration card and sent a copy via email to Bersa. I have received no response from anyone anywhere to date. If anyone has recently successfully registered with Bersa how did you do it?
Who does warranty work if needed for Bersa in the US?
I've been in contact with them via email and they said it could be up to 3 more months.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts