new bersa with issue

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by cpaustin, Apr 18, 2013.

1. cpaustin

cpaustin New Member

hello everyone.

I bought a brand new bersa thunder duotone 380 this weekend and i am having an issue with it. it almost always fails to feed on the 2nd to last round in the magazine. i put 200 rounds through it thinking it might be a break in issue but it is still occurring but only on the 2nd to last round. ammo type doesn't seem to matter. thoughts?

2. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Wecome to the forum!

If you have tried assorted ammo and eliminated that, You might try another mag to see if he same thing happens. I have had several of the .380s over the years. All were used. Never had a feed issue with any of them. I would doubt that there is a feed ramp problem if it feeds all the other rounds.

I would suggest tinkering with the feed lips on the magazine, but not on a new gun. It could affect your warranty.

3. cpaustin

cpaustin New Member

thanks for the response. I will probably just call bersa and see what they say but just wanted some input from the resident experts.

4. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Your welcome. Not an expert. Just a long time tinker-er.:D

5. David

David Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

You say you purchased it brand new. Did you clean the gun and mags before shooting? I mean clean it WELL.

6. spyder

spyder Active Member

you should take the mag apart and check it for burrs with a q-tip...if it snags then you have a burr that may be affecting the spring or feeder platform of mag. clean very well as suggested already and lubricate. make sure sure spring is properly seated when assembling.

7. cpaustin

cpaustin New Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I did clean the firearm well before shooting but I did not clean the magazine. I will give that a good cleaning and try again.

8. toma

toma Team Member Lifetime Supporter

When cleaning the Mag, carefully knock off any sharp edges and clean the inside. :D

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the Bersa Firearms Forum cpaustin !!

10. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporter

Welcome to the Bersa Firearms Forum !

11. cjbiv

cjbiv Member

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  12. ECII

ECII Member

I am having the same problem, 2nd to last round usually. Mag seemed fine, but if a $30 mag is that touchy, that stinks. Would the original mag be a warranty item?

13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Thread moved to the correct subforum: GUNSMITHING