Bersa Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone.

I bought a brand new bersa thunder duotone 380 this weekend and i am having an issue with it. it almost always fails to feed on the 2nd to last round in the magazine. i put 200 rounds through it thinking it might be a break in issue but it is still occurring but only on the 2nd to last round. ammo type doesn't seem to matter. thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Wecome to the forum!

If you have tried assorted ammo and eliminated that, You might try another mag to see if he same thing happens. I have had several of the .380s over the years. All were used. Never had a feed issue with any of them. I would doubt that there is a feed ramp problem if it feeds all the other rounds.

I would suggest tinkering with the feed lips on the magazine, but not on a new gun. It could affect your warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wecome to the forum!

If you have tried assorted ammo and eliminated that, You might try another mag to see if he same thing happens. I have had several of the .380s over the years. All were used. Never had a feed issue with any of them. I would doubt that there is a feed ramp problem if it feeds all the other rounds.

I would suggest tinkering with the feed lips on the magazine, but not on a new gun. It could affect your warranty.
thanks for the response. I will probably just call bersa and see what they say but just wanted some input from the resident experts.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
You say you purchased it brand new. Did you clean the gun and mags before shooting? I mean clean it WELL.

·
Registered
36 Posts
you should take the mag apart and check it for burrs with a q-tip...if it snags then you have a burr that may be affecting the spring or feeder platform of mag. clean very well as suggested already and lubricate. make sure sure spring is properly seated when assembling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I did clean the firearm well before shooting but I did not clean the magazine. I will give that a good cleaning and try again.

·
Team Member
113 Posts
When cleaning the Mag, carefully knock off any sharp edges and clean the inside. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am having the same problem, 2nd to last round usually. Mag seemed fine, but if a $30 mag is that touchy, that stinks. Would the original mag be a warranty item?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts