Bersa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just registered. Just bought a thunder .40 uc pro yesterday. Seller claimed it was "new in the box". It did come with box and everything in there, but I did notice that it has been fired. Kinda dirty. Just wondering if anyone has or could take a picture of the rifling of their barrel for me. The lands and grooves in this one are VERY shallow, almost non existent. I cleaned the barrel and the do show up a little better, but I'm just wondering if this barrel is worn out or if it's supposed to be this way.

·
NRA Life Member
379 Posts
I doubt very much that you are seeing barrel wear, especially if it looks “almost” new. I would imagine that with todays ammo it would take tens of thousands of fired rounds to have any barrel wear. IMHO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was thinking, but I've never seen rifling this shallow before. It almost looks like a smooth bore pistol, lol. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I can't site the details but the rifling used in Bersa and other modern pistols is different than you are accustomed to. The pronounced tung and groove appearance is gone.

Perhaps someone can refer us to a correct write up on the subject. I have read articles on the subject but can't recall where.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can't site the details but the rifling used in Bersa and other modern pistols is different than you are accustomed to. The pronounced tung and groove appearance is gone.

Perhaps someone can refer us to a correct write up on the subject. I have read articles on the subject but can't recall where.
Bursa uses what is called polygonal rifling in their guns. There are no real distinct lands and grooves in that type of rifling. This works fine with jacketed bullets but lead bullets will leave a lot of lead behind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, just registered. Just bought a thunder .40 uc pro yesterday. Seller claimed it was "new in the box". It did come with box and everything in there, but I did notice that it has been fired. Kinda dirty. Just wondering if anyone has or could take a picture of the rifling of their barrel for me. The lands and grooves in this one are VERY shallow, almost non existent. I cleaned the barrel and the do show up a little better, but I'm just wondering if this barrel is worn out or if it's supposed to be this way.
this is a brand new 9mm tpr9c 130 rounds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've heard of the polygonal rifling, but I guess this is the first I've seen it. That pic looks pretty much like my barrel, so I guess that's what it is. Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts