Bersa Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all new member here and before I go introduce myself, I need to ask a question if I have a problem pistol or not.

I picked it up for a song with one non spec 10 round mag (thinking that I'd be able to P/U the correct ones...ha )

Anyway. this pistol will not dry fire in its first double action trigger pull. My sigs will, my Kahr will but this Bersa will not. Do I have a pistol that needs to be returned?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found the problem and most likely it will be returned. The right side safety is riding away from the frame. If the safety arms are put in a vice and squeezed together, it with DA fire.
So it needs smithing. Too bad, I was liking the feel of it.

·
NRA Life Member
443 Posts
Sorry for your problem. Do you know who to contact for a return?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yo, Swoopster! Sorry I can't help you since I'm only a BT380/22 kinda guy and have no tech knowledge on anything other than that. But Welcome to the forum from the Wilderness of Central Virginia (we grow ticks here).

There may be an answer in BersaChat, but they are going away at the end of the month, so hurry up there! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
T380, T380 Plus, FS 9 Mini, CZ 75 PCR, rifles!
15 Posts
That is such a shame. I came across one for a great price, it was missing the takedown pin detent and spring - I ordered both from Eagle Imports, it's about as close to a perfect 9mm (for me) as I could ask for. If it can be fixed reasonably easily, it's worth it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have heard that Eagle Imports is no more. I need to order the complete safety lever. Next I have to find mags for it. The dealer I got it from refunded my my, so its I freebee if I can fix it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I sincerely hope that is not true. During the time I worked for Eagle as a warranty center, I cannot recall any significant problems w/ them and they always allowed me to make final decisions w/o having to get approval.
Wolfgang

I have heard that Eagle Imports is no more. I need to order the complete safety lever. Next I have to find mags for it. The dealer I got it from refunded my my, so its I freebee if I can fix it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have called several times over the last few months, leaving a message and contact info... They have yet to reply!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts