Bersa Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new Bersa thunder 380 pistol. Fired 50 rounds of ball ammo thru it (ammo shortage), cleaned it twice and now cannot get it reassembled. To send it in for repairs so soon is nuts. Anybody had a similar problem ?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! Sorry it had to be like this though.

Can you disassemble it again? What exactly is happening to keep it from being reassembled? You shouldn't have to send it in for repairs, but we need more info. Pics would be good too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, welcome to the forum! Sorry it had to be like this though.

Can you disassemble it again? What exactly is happening to keep it from being reassembled? You shouldn't have to send it in for repairs, but we need more info. Pics would be good too.
I had just finished cleaning the pistol and try as I might I could not get the sidearm reassembled . I I could not see any obvious damage.I can attach pics later on today.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yeah, please do. Have you reassembled pistols in the past? You generally reassemble them exactly like you disassemble them. Have you checked youtube for vids on how to reassemble the BT380? That would be my first step.

·
Registered
80 Posts
3UP, this is a common issue for new T 380 owners. Follow up on Renaldo's advice or do a search on this Forum for past discussions/topics on this issue.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Make sure the recoil spring is on correctly and not backwards. It does take a bit of strength to pull the slide back to reengage it on the rails. And of course; make sure the take down lever is in the right position.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Tarheelcracker. Sounds like a good tip. I have never done that step in the assembly process. Where did you come up with that idea?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes I was referring to the "mag-in trick". Must have confused my attributions. Sometimes you learn something, and sometimes you don't. I was hoping the original poster would share with us what the problem was with his Bersa Thunder.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes I was referring to the "mag-in trick". Must have confused my attributions. Sometimes you learn something, and sometimes you don't. I was hoping the original poster would share with us what the problem was with his Bersa Thunder.
Navigator30 knew about the "mag in trick" because he was very embarrassed by a gunsmith who corrected the "reassembly problem" instantly at no charge right in front of him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sometimes a visual is the best learning experience. Thanks.
several users of the .380 like mine and nobody can reassemble my pistol. H ave discovered many gouges in the metal , one ton the right side of the chamber entrance, a large gouge on the bolt face opposite the extractor. Nobody has ever seen
any of these faults on their pistol. I do not abuse my sidearms and the are kept clean and lubed as directed. Uncle Sam
taught me well. If I am to trust my life on this pistol, it must not have any faults. Looks like it needs to be sent back to fix it
to my satisfaction. Mens, thanks for your help !

·
Registered
450 Posts
several users of the .380 like mine and nobody can reassemble my pistol. H ave discovered many gouges in the metal , one ton the right side of the chamber entrance, a large gouge on the bolt face opposite the extractor. Nobody has ever seen any of these faults on their pistol.
Do you have any pics of these gouges? It would be interesting to see.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts