Bersa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Bersa Thunder that shoots low. I use a bench rest. Right now to be on target, I have to put the front dot above the rear sight blade. I only have minimal tools. My question is since I can't lower the front sight and you can't raise the rear sight, is there a salutation to my problem. Is there a replace rear sight that won't break the bank?
I hope someone has an answer as present situation is not the best for accuracy.
Gary

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine is the same. Right now I do what you do. Use "Kentucky windage" to get on target. Maybe a heavier bullet or hotter load would help as well. Maybe someone can offer a permanent solution.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would try shooting like 3 rounds from bench rest at 5 yds, and again at 10 yards. Go slow and easy- try to hit the bulls eye. Use same sight picture each time. Draw a line through your hits- so you can identify them. If the hits are fairly close to aim point- then your sights may be okay?
Then try again free hand with same sight picture- possibly with a new target. If most of the hits are low- then you are probably pulling the muzzle down off target with the trigger pull by time the trigger breaks. This is very common with a lot of folks- including me! I battle this all the time. If this is actually your problem....it should be a fairly easy fix. As the trigger pull in the Bersa is fairly light and smooth in single action. If that is not the issue and the hits are still low- you will have to change your sight picture. Instead of using the dot on the front post you may have to cover the target with the whole front post.
Some of my pistolas have long heavy pulls and at 10 yards I can completely miss a target. It is a battle some of us have to be constantly aware of....... I was at the range yesterday with my Ruger LCP Max- a gun I can usually stay right around the bulls eye at 7 yards. I struggled with even hitting the target (8.5x11) at 10 yards. It was all me jerking that darn trigger.
I battle this all the time.

·
NRA Life Member
431 Posts
I had Hi-Viz sights installed on my Glock 42 and had to adapt to a different sight picture. With the old glock sights I rested the bullseye on top of the front & rear sight but with the Hi-Viz I had to raise the three dots to the center of the bullseye. I believe it has something to do with a “combat” sight design versus a “Target” design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts